Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2016 Pilot EX for a few weeks. The current extremely cold weather in the NE has been a very good test of the heating system. All modes seem to work very well except floor heat. I cannot feel much coming out and have to add in some other mode to keep it warm enough on the 0 degree days. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does not seem to make a difference if rear heat is on or off.

Is your floor heat OK?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have had my 2016 Pilot EX for a few weeks. The current extremely cold weather in the NE has been a very good test of the heating system. All modes seem to work very well except floor heat. I cannot feel much coming out and have to add in some other mode to keep it warm enough on the 0 degree days. Anyone else experienced this?
Same issue...
I am currenly at the dealer waiting to have a tech look at it. Will update w results but I'm not pptimistic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I look forward to what they find.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dealer response - it's normal - Good as it's going to get!:28:

Suggested turning temp up to 80* and floor only if feet are cold.:28:
Not to use mixed Hi / lo or lo / defrost as it steals from the floor:cursin:

I've had 7 Hondas - never had an issue w/ others...:1pat:

Glad I don't live way north where it's really cold:28:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I find it works better if you have the system on recirculated heat than introducing new air all of the time.
[/color]
That was my first move during the cold wkend - only problem was it resulted in windshield fogging up - found myself switching back & forth between floor heat & defrost...and was a real pain in the a$$ :cursin:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never had any issues staying nice and warm no matter how cold it is in Chicago. Climate control is in Auto mode 99% of the time set at 68°F. Not sure how one would gauge how much air should be coming from which vent. Cabin fills with warm air top to bottom, no matter which vent blows more air.
I have noticed on this pilot and my other vehicle, that floor vents are much smaller than dash vents. The output is therefore less compared to the dash. It could be so the floor vents don't kick up a bunch of dry dirt and dust that's always in the foot well. Probably a good thing
I am not worried about how many cub.ft/min the vent is putting out. You might be making your Pilot driving experience less enjoyable by worrying about what vent is doing. Is the cabin warm or not, that is what's important. Happy Piloteering! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts

I agree. Was cold last few days in Maryland. I usually just turn on floor heat in cars during cold weather. This usually heats my feet since heat rises, also heats the entire car. But in my Pilot, the floor heat doesn't seem to even warm my feet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 as well. I am very disappointed in the floor heat. I thought something was wrong until I read this post. I also have a radio that seems to fade in and out no matter what station. I have to have that checked. Other than the heat I love my Pilot

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine's pretty much like Flylow's. A couple of weeks ago we made a quick 90 trip to Des Moines in -7F temps with a 20-25mph crosswind. Auto set on 72F and no cold spots, no vapor on on the windshield, or any other undesirable effects. BoatR Don's dealer sounds like an idiot...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cold Feet in Maryland.

Glad to see I am not the only one...I guess. Actually, I was hoping there was something wrong with my Pilot-my feet are freezing!

·
Registered
240 Posts
same here no cold feet set on aut. at 70 F

·
Registered
194 Posts
Never had any issues staying nice and warm no matter how cold it is in Chicago. Climate control is in Auto mode 99% of the time set at 68°F. Not sure how one would gauge how much air should be coming from which vent. Cabin fills with warm air top to bottom, no matter which vent blows more air.
I have noticed on this pilot and my other vehicle, that floor vents are much smaller than dash vents. The output is therefore less compared to the dash. It could be so the floor vents don't kick up a bunch of dry dirt and dust that's always in the foot well. Probably a good thing
I am not worried about how many cub.ft/min the vent is putting out. You might be making your Pilot driving experience less enjoyable by worrying about what vent is doing. Is the cabin warm or not, that is what's important. Happy Piloteering!
Not worried about what the vent is doing,just want warmer feet. Tried many settings. Cabin may fill with warm air, but it's always going to be hotter near the roof.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Looks like they still have not fixed this issue in the 2019’s.

Full on only floor at 85 would chase me from my 2003 OG Pilot - this new one, my feet are like ice blocks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts