Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys flip the spare tire around so to make checking tire pressure easier? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I flipped mine. Used the space to carry 2 cans of fix flat thing. It's safer to store "outside" of the vehicle.
Flipped mine, too, for the same reason. It's full size spare, which fits and I prefer.

Really like that tip of using the "storage space" created to stow a couple of cans of fix-a-flat stuff, but how do you keep them from rattling around and making noise? Do you wrap them in something?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Flipped mine, too, for the same reason. It's full size spare, which fits and I prefer.

Really like that tip of using the "storage space" created to stow a couple of cans of fix-a-flat stuff, but how do you keep them from rattling around and making noise? Do you wrap them in something?
wrapped the can in a small piece of bubble wrap then pack in a ziploc bag, so the fix flat can won’t get rusted

·
Registered
248 Posts
Who uses the spare?? I carry a repair kit and compressor. As long as it's not a blowout, I fix tire right on car. I'm happy to say I haven't had a flat in years though. Never use fix a flat. That stuff is nasty. It is a good idea for extra storage though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Who uses the spare?? I carry a repair kit and compressor. As long as it's not a blowout, I fix tire right on car. I'm happy to say I haven't had a flat in years though. Never use fix a flat. That stuff is nasty. It is a good idea for extra storage though.
1000 miles into my 19, and I had a 2" slit/puncture (deep) on the sidewall where it meets the tread and couldn't be warrantied nor repaired. I'm glad the spare was there, unlike many new vehicles that don't. Better to have than not. AAA takes too long, and so does a repair kit.

2019 Touring AWD MSM

·
Registered
248 Posts
1000 miles into my 19, and I had a 2" slit/puncture (deep) on the sidewall where it meets the tread and couldn't be warrantied nor repaired. I'm glad the spare was there, unlike many new vehicles that don't. Better to have than not. AAA takes too long, and so does a repair kit.

2019 Touring AWD MSM
Well I did say as long as it's not a blow out, but I disagree on repair. I'll find and repair a hole faster than you can change a tire. Guarantee it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts