Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: GoClaws @ http://www.flextrax.com/

Hi gang,

I got a hold of Kurt Lammon, the President of Flex-Trax. He is willing to give us a group discount if we can get a minimum of $1500 on the order. Here are the details:

For the group order, the price will drop to $110.47 for the new Version 3 (avail. Jan) or $97.49 for the Version 2. Shipping will be roughly $20 per set via UPS Ground, and we can ship to each location individually and bill individually provided everyone gives us their shipping and billing info in one shot. No tax unless we ship to an Alabama address.
With that... let's begin. Let's have anyone whose interested reply to the thread w/ email if possible. If you're not comfortable in giving your email, PM me w/ the subject "GoClaws group buy".

Hope that helps,
Sherwin

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Two questions

Is a "set" 2 or 4? (I assume 2.)

"Shipping and billing info in one shot" means exactly what? I give that information to someone here and they submit a compiled list?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Two questions

krygny said:
Is a "set" 2 or 4? (I assume 2.)

"Shipping and billing info in one shot" means exactly what? I give that information to someone here and they submit a compiled list?

A set is "2".

As for the latter, I think you are correct. Either way... we'll need at least $1500 to get an order out for the discount first. We can get more details regarding how shipping and billing information will be sent to Flex-Trax when we have enough interest and ready to proceed to that step. HTH

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with these, paricularly on the Pilot?

I've seen them mentioned in several threads, but has anyone here ever used them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried Version 2 and thought it wasn't so easy to put on. (It should be noted that I'm a snow rookie.) The plastic buckles didn't operate too well, and there isn't a lot of room to work with on the front wheels. Plus I'm afraid the Claws won't clear. I was glad to return them at Costco.

I don't know how Version 3 will be, hopefully better.

I did get the Z cables by SCC and found them easy to put on. I haven't used them on the road yet, so can't comment on that.
I can't get the full link to work, but navigate through http://www.scc-chain.com/
Winter Traction Products / Product Choices / Super Z LT

Maybe that info helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they'll be going on the rear tires if you ever use them on the Pilot if the conditions do call for it. That is, for those that have the 4WD... HTH

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
piku said:
I think they'll be going on the rear tires if you ever use them on the Pilot if the conditions do call for it. That is, for those that have the 4WD... HTH
According to the manual, chains/cables go on the front. I am also concerned about clearance. Ahh, I've never needed chains before, so I doubt I'd ever need them with the Pilot. If snow conditions are ever so bad the Pilot can't handle it, I'll just stay the heck home.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Don't worry about clearance. With stock tires and wheels, you can fit an elephant inside the wheel wells. I am in agreement with the idea, if the Pilot needs to be chained to drive, I'm staying home. If the weather is so bad a 4x4 needs to chain, you shouldn't be out driving unless absolutly necessary.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
krygny said:

According to the manual, chains/cables go on the front. I am also concerned about clearance...
Almost a year since I got these. I might finally be able to use these this upcoming MLK Weekend. Anyways, according to flextrack's FAQ:

Q-3 Which tires do I mount GoClaws on?
Ans.

They are mounted on your drive axle wheels. For front-wheel drive vehicles, GoClaws are mounted on the front tires. For rear-wheel drive vehicles, GoClaws are mounted on the rear tires. On all-wheel drive vehicles or 4-wheel drive vehicles, GoClaws are mounted on the rear tires, or all 4 tires for ultimate traction.
HTH
Let's all have a great and safe season!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts