Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot EX-L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time I've received the Flashing D. I got the code 0976 using a bluetooth OBD II reader. The first time I had it I had Solenoid B replaced. Took care of the problem. Now I have it again and I just had this replaced in September of last year. When I get this my Pilot shuts down and shifts like a bucking bronco. Seen many posts about replacing sensors but I haven't seen one with the code 0976. I just had the timing belt done and my mechanic said the ATF was nasty and to drain and fill soon (Probably first time it's ever been done). I just did that tonight and I still have the flashing D. ATF didn't look bad, but I had what looked like sludge on the drain plug. Just bought this used last year in May. Been reading and learning a lot on here about things I can do myself. Appreciate any suggestions before I take it back to the Service Center.
Speedometer Gauge Auto part Car Vehicle

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
If there is no conector damage(wire loose, corrosion oil soaked) or short in the wire harness, then valve B is likely faulty again.
If your fluid has never been changed. I would do a 3 time drain, fill drive with MaxLife Full Synthetic ATF. Especially if the old ATF is non synthetic Honda DW-1.

Reactions: Yingy and aggrex

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot EX-L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice. I'll pick up some oil tonight and have it all swapped before I have the solenoid changed. I'll take another look at the wires to, just to make sure.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I'll pick up some oil tonight and have it all swapped before I have the solenoid changed.
Also check your connection. Do you have an oil leak? Engine oil can travel down a wire harness and in time foul out a connector. If so, Get a can of CRC Electronic Cleaner and spray clean these connectors inside and out. Wal-Mart has the best price for this.

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot EX-L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the 3 time drain and fill before I took it in. Got the solenoid changed. Everything covered under warranty. 12 months/12,000 miles. Glad it took care of the problem again, just hope it never comes back.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
520 Posts
The sludge on your transmission drain plug was probably metal filings from the breaking down of your transmission innards. There a magnet on the drain plug that collects those filings so they don't keep circulation though the transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts