Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying for 2 days to find and replace 08 pilot signal flasher...

can anybody help me out ??

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,953 Posts
Dashboard indicator or one of the actual bulbs?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Download the FSM, and it would show where the parts are on the car.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Did pages 22-65, 68, 70, 71, and 150-153 not help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just helped my neighbor who has a '03 Pilot so I thought I'd post my findings. From doing some research, this
applies to '03-'08 Pilots.

He had no hazards or turn signals. I found the wiring diagram on the AutoZone website which helped a lot.
The 15A "Hazard" fuse in the engine compartment was good and the 10A "Turn" fuse" on the driver's side
kick panel was also good. Next in line was the hazard switch on the dash. I went to YouTube to see how
to remove it by searching for how to replace the radio as they are both in the same cluster. Popping out the
hazard switch, it tested good so that left the flasher or a open wire somewhere.

Getting to the flasher wasn't a picnic. It is literally on the back-side of the fuse block on the driver's side kick panel.
You'll need to remove the kick panel trim that is held in place by a plastic nut on the firewall and a plastic snap.
I'd recommend removing the negative cable from the battery as you're going to have to remove a lot of connectors
from the fuse block. I found that moving the driver's seat all the way back before you remove the battery cable gives
you a little extra room. The fuse block is held in place with a 10mm nut and it slides onto two metal tabs. Make a
note of the location of the connectors as access to the flasher is going to require that you remove most if not all
of them (hint: there are two connectors [J&K] on the backside that are the same size and pinout).

The flasher is the larger of the black squares in the picture below and simply plugs in. You can't swap it with anything
else on the Pilot to test it as it's unique. I found a replacement part at Pep Boys for $12.99 and they had one in stock.
I swapped the flasher then began to get the fuse block back together. They don't provide a lot of room nor a lot
of excess wiring so it took some work to get it back into position and secure. Double check your work and then connect
the battery back up. You'll need to reset the security code on the radio as that gets wiped when you pull the battery.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Nice write-up. And I’m glad you were able to get it fixed.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Good job and good how-to. They don't fail too often, thank goodness, because what a pain it would be. I remember changing the flasher unit on my '64 Valiant was just reach up behind the dash, yank it out and reinsert new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts