Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience/comments on the Alpine NAV-200 or Pioneer's NAV offering installed in the EXL-RES. I'm interested in installing a fixed NAV for our RES. I'm fully aware of the feature-rich environment of the Garmins, however, they aren't clean enough for me. No offense to anyone that uses them, I just want something that resembles a factory fit.

The problem with the RES is the DVD takes up the extra space that most would use for any extra audio/video equipment; and the bottom section (the "not an ashtry" tray/outlet spot) may be too far down for a nav system.

I also consider it overkill to remove the DVD component of the RES to replace with another, unless this option is similar in price to purchasing the NAV-200 (about $1650 at etronics.com).

Comments welcome.

BTW, I perused all of the previous threads on this topic however most were prior to the intro of Alpine's NAV-200, which consist of the NVE-N852A DVD Navigation System and TME-M580 5.8" Wide Screen LCD Color Monitor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The peculiar thing about purchasing the NVE-852A separate from the monitor is that price ($1409.95) doesn't include the monitor. Purchasing the smallest Alpine monitor (Alpine TME-M580 - 5.8" Widescreen Monitor - http://www.speedsound.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jpnqinj0) will set you back another 339.95. It is best to purchase both, which are packaged as the NAV-200.

I'm just interested in knowing has anyone used a similar setup for their EXL-RES:
- Are you satisfied with the system?
- Where did you put the monitor?
- Where did you install the DVD unit?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wondered if that included the monitor.

Sorry 'bout that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts