Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Honda Pilot 2020. We have a 4mo at home so we will be using car seat for a while (looks like between car seats, convertible, and booster seats I have for a few years). I did some reading on car seat protectors and even purchased a few to try out, but it looks like manufacturers do not recommend them and I wasn't super convinced with them.

Unfortunately, the car seat does leave indents in the leather seats... Is this something that can be fixed? If not, and in a worst case scenario, can I go to a Honda dealer and basically ask them to replace the whole leather cover/padding, and if so, how much would it cost?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
We have a rear facing harness, forward facing harness and high back booster in our cars right now. If I take the car seats out the vehicle's seats bounce back after a week or two... I wouldn't worry about it since you are not putting enough force to damage the foam or cloth/leather, it will bounce back when you go to sell it.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Maybe just add a towel or blanket underneath to prevent tearing or permanent damage. They can also be useful in an emergency. You have a 4mo. You know. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
We bought the neoprene rear seat cover for our. Will keep the leather from getting messed up, and will pad the leather a little and we are hoping the depressions from the car seats work out over time once we stop using them. Whoever buys it from us will probably want car seats back there anyway. These are mommy mobiles.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
We placed a folded towel under each kids’ car seats, and that worked well to protect the middle row seats.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
So I would highly encourage you to follow your seat and vehicle manufacturers' instructions. I know a lot of seats call for NO pads or protectors under the seat, at most I've seen a couple call for a rolled up towel to get the angle of the seat correct. I'd rather my interior have small dents in the material than risk the seat not being installed correct. I tend to be lax on a lot of things with the kids but car seats is a non-negotiable for me, the forces involved in a collision are not worth the risk.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cintocrunch - I agree with you. I reached out to the manufacturer and they replied with: "If you do choose to use a mat, the only non-regulated mats approved and tested for use are xxxxxxxxxxxx". Still, I will not be using any, which is why I was inquiring about whether there is a fix for it, or i I have to assume it :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
The indentation might work itself out after a while. My kids are past car seat days, but my Pilot back seat got indented when I folded the third row down, without tucking away the seat belt buckle. After a week or two the indentation was gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts