Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recall was issued a couple of weeks ago that covers 9 Pilots and 1 Passport that that may have been built with an improper number of welds. All 10 will need to be inspected. 6 of those will need to be repurchased or replaced.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I hope mine is on the list.... It'll be easier than dealing with my impending battle to get the audio popping nose addressed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hope mine is on the list.... It'll be easier than dealing with my impending battle to get the audio popping nose addressed.
Careful what you wish for --- Honda might just take the car apart into 3,427 pieces, make a weld, then put it back together again... what could go wrong... :unsure:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow wonder how many are truly effected.
According to the Defect Information Report, Honda knows that 10 vehicles are potentially affected and that 60% of those contain the defect. They don't know which of the 10 potentially affected vehicles actually contain the defect, so that's why each one must be inspected for missing welds.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Jim-Bob Bolttwister was having a couple of Millers on Friday afternoon before Miller Time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim-Bob Bolttwister was having a couple of Millers on Friday afternoon before Miller Time.
Hehe! There weren't many "Miller-drinking Jim-Bob Boltwisters" at Honda Manufacturing of Alabama when I toured the plant in 2010. The overwhelming majority were clean-cut younger folks who came across as professional and seemed to genuinely enjoy their work.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Hehe! There weren't many "Miller-drinking Jim-Bob Boltwisters" at Honda Manufacturing of Alabama when I toured the plant in 2010. The overwhelming majority were clean-cut younger folks who came across as professional and seemed to genuinely enjoy their work.
In all seriousness, I'm very happy and relieved to hear that, and I'm actually a little jealous you got a tour of the factory. That sounds cool.

Wish I'd had a chance to do that when they were still building Pilots in Canada. Then I might have seen Bruce Bolttwister in action working on his Molson muscle. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts