Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new member here.

I recently purchased a PP back at the end of April, a EX-L AWD model dark gray.

Since that purchase I have encountered several issues that I think you all should know about and look out for.

1. with less than 1000 miles the car engine shut off at highway speeds(approx 70 mph) due to, according to the dealership, overfilling of the transmission fluid. extremely dangerous situation due to a minor overlooked error. honda roadside assistance could not locate me a proper tow truck and i had to go ahead and find one which turned out to be part of the AAA network...(facepalm). i was reimbursed for the payment but i had to wait an extra hour plus the ride to the dealership( an additional 1.5 hours since we were in the middle of nowhere). american honda will not cover or reimburse me for time lost or any unnecessary stress or anxiety or doubt of safety caused by this incident and did not offer to make me feel any better about purchasing a brand new vehicle only to have the engine stall mid-drive...

2. i have noticed numerous fit and finish issues that american honda claims are "characteristics" of the vehicle. i would love it if you all could check your passports and chime in whether or not you believe these issues are characteristics...
- 4 grab handles are loose and have a mar that looks like it is from a screwdriver
- A-pillar covers are loose
- rattling from inside front doors
- the black piano plastic headlight trim piece is loose on both left and right headlight assemblies(you can push them and wiggle them around)
- the weather stripping on the doors comes loose very easily due to the design of the blue plastic tabs that are supposed to hold them in place
- the shift into second gear at slow speeds is quite rough and abrupt compared to the rest of the shifts
- a clunk sound from the rear of the car when reversing for the first time after start up
- positive battery terminal cover is extremely loose and doesnt even feel like it was made for the terminal
- steering wheel leather is loose on upper right side area when thumb usually rests

I wouldnt have posted here if American Honda customer care had actually acknowledged the issues and had a dealership fix them under warranty. Instead, I was told that all of these fit/finish issues are characteristics of all passports and so are not covered under warranty.

Anyhow, I love the passport but I have been extremely disappointed in how American Honda has handled this situation and thought that all passport owners should know about this.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
That's all very unusual for Honda's in general. I would highly recommend that you ask your local dealership to arrange a district service manager come to the site and check the issues with you. I think you will get more satisfaction with a DSM than just a service adviser behind a desk.

Did you purchase a new PP, or was it a demo, courtesy car, or used? Do you know if it was in an accident?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.