Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all of the great things about the Zaino products and I can't wait to start.

Problem-- the wife decided to scrape the inside door jamb of the garage with the Pilot. Did about 1200 damage to the front driver side wheel well fender.

Question: Do you think I have to wait until August when it will be fixed to start the Zaino process? Will you be able to tell the difference or should I just "catch up" with the Zaino after the repair.

Sorry to be obsessing, but it is my ONLY Pilot!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
OUCH!!! Sorry to hear about the damage. Can't help you on the Zaino as I have not done it to mine yet. Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage. Knock on wood, I have yet to scrape a Pilot mirror on the garage jamb. Been there done that with a white Accord, but KIT Scratch Out fixed that right up.

I'd go ahead and Zaino away. Less to do later when the repair is finished. And with a color like Starlight Silver, you should have no worries about the paint matching.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If it were me royalairforce, I'd wait until the car has been repaired and the paint was cured enough for the Zaino to be applied. There seems to be a lot of work in the prep stage and it seems like it would be easier doing this to the entire car at once rather than having to go thru the steps again at a later time for only the fender.

Good luck in getting your Pilot repaired!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts