Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

First time Pilot owner

304 4
Greetings!

Inva few hours I'll be picking up a used, 2021 Pilot (15,000 Kms, touring) This will be my first Honda as well. I wanted to ask the community a few things:

Extended warranty: I still have the option to purchase the extended warranty (~1,500$ CAD) to tack on another 2 years/30K kms (I think... I don't remember the exact amount at the moment) To the existing warranty. Is it worth it?

Maintenance and DIY: my current vehicle is a 2013 VW Golf Wagon, i kept up on all maintenance that was required. Some of the easier things (oil, fuel filters, cabin and air, etc) I did myself, the rest (transmission fluid, brakes, etc) i let a mechanic take care of.

This Pilot has lots of new bells and whistles my previous car could only dream of, not to mention lots of new tech elements. Can someone with very basic mechanical skills (and YouTube 馃槄) maintain the vehicle on their own?

Thank you
Reactions: Lucky Jack
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
This Pilot has lots of new bells and whistles my previous car could only dream of, not to mention lots of new tech elements. Can someone with very basic mechanical skills (and YouTube 馃槄) maintain the vehicle on their own?
Sure. I avoided doing my own brakes for years and years. I just kept telling myself it was a little too deep for me. Then one day I watched several videos, got a couple of tools I would need and jumped right in. Looking back I can't believe I didn't start doing this on my own a long time ago. I know some things may seem a little frightening due to the unknown but.. give them a try , you'll be surprised how easy they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts