Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions for folks here:

1. Even though the manual says that the first oil change should be done at 7500 mi, I saw the indicator for 'Maint. Reqd' light on today at 6000 mi. Any ideas why ? Should I get the oil change done now or just wait until 7500 ?

2. At the first oil-change visit, should I have those guys check for any door scrunch, TSBs etc. I do hear the window-scrunch but its not loud enough to really bother me (But its there). Also the clicking sound was also heard a couple of times in the summer and haven't heard since. Should I mention to them or will they just blow me off ? More importantly should I have them do their 'research' when the problems are not that severe.

Any suggestions/opinions ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You should call up the dealer to let them know that the light came on and ask what you should do. Also, yes, for sure, you should check all the TSB's in this website and see if they apply to you at all. Even if it doesn't make sure to ask if there are any TSB's that apply to your Pilot when you take it in. And mention the door noise too. It can't hurt.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
As you've now learned, the maint light first comes on around 6k by flashing a few times when you start up, then going out. This is the "warning" that a service interval (7500) is coming soon. You don't need to do anything earlier. When you hit 7k or so (can't remember exactly) it flashes then stays on solid.

7500 is the interval unless you're doing severe service.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Worm and RipRock.

Where are all the TSBs listed on this forum ? I went to the "forums==>Problems" and found a thread with "Technical Service Bulletins" with 196 posts but when I click on it, it only shows me one post.

Is there one place where I can find all TSBs listed ?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
03pilot said:
Thanks Worm and RipRock.

Where are all the TSBs listed on this forum ? I went to the "forums==>Problems" and found a thread with "Technical Service Bulletins" with 196 posts but when I click on it, it only shows me one post.

Is there one place where I can find all TSBs listed ?
The forum list defaults to posts that have had activity in the past 30 days. Right below that single post you see, there's a dropdown box. Change the day count to 'beginning' to see everything.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it. Thanks again.

TheWorm said:
The forum list defaults to posts that have had activity in the past 30 days. Right below that single post you see, there's a dropdown box. Change the day count to 'beginning' to see everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have always changed my own oil aprox. every 3000 miles. I did the first oil change on my Pilot yesterday at 3500 miles, used 5W-30, instead of 5W-20 (I could'nt find any 5W-20). Will switch to synthetic oil at the next oil change and then change the oil every 6000 miles. I drive under normal conditions most of the time, but occasionally severe conditions. Will probably stick with the 5W-30 as the 5W-20 is as I understand it, only reccomended to help meet US gas milage standards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts