Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been moving equipment to Quebec, but nothing local since March. So it is nice to get things rolling again.
Hopefully good times ahead.
Bad picture, but just happy to be selling again.
20201016_101557.jpg

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,836 Posts
Glad to hear business is picking up in your area.

Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Good for you.

Ironic isn't it?
I mean, for a new virus strain. One that is highly contagious apparently.
One that after more #'s are now in- has about the same overall mortality as other influenza viruses.
One that there is great evidence that those in 'high death risk' groups can be put on a regimen of existing drugs- and significantly lower their chances of death.
Yet, we/most of the world- have let it cripple our economies, increase depression, suicides, and dependence on welfare.

Some US states and some countries did not fall in to this line, and have no worse #'s and maybe even better #'s than those that did?

And the Karens of the world are going to somehow tell me/us that we have to comply to their standards? SMDH

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you.

Ironic isn't it?
One that after more #'s are now in- has about the same overall mortality as other influenza viruses.
One that there is great evidence that those in 'high death risk' groups can be put on a regimen of existing drugs- and significantly lower their chances of death.
Yet, we/most of the world- have let it cripple our economies, increase depression, suicides, and dependence on welfare.

Some US states and some countries did not fall in to this line, and have no worse #'s and maybe even better #'s than those that did?

And the Karens of the world are going to somehow tell me/us that we have to comply to their standards? SMDH
Not to get political, but brother, I hear ya.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
I want one of those. 😮 Maybe just a tad smaller though.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
I want two. Gonna use them as an ersatz car lift to change my fluids and my crush washers the EZ way.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Have no problem lifting a j35 and its transmission with it, out of a pilot (or Crosstour) with that thing. 😀

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Been moving equipment to Quebec, but nothing local since March. So it is nice to get things rolling again.
Hopefully good times ahead.
Bad picture, but just happy to be selling again. View attachment 141326
Typically, tax incentives related to capital equipment purchases boost buying at this time of year, as company accountants advise execs that they have the choice of either spending money on some new equipment before the end of the year, or paying it to the government as taxes a few months from now.

For this reason, sales of new pick-up trucks tend to pick up in December.
Some try to wait until the very end of the year hoping to get the best deal, but it's been suggested that lower than normal inventory levels may leave the procrastinators not finding exactly the truck they might want.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know what the business tax situation is up north, but US tax laws allow certain deductions for

Typically, tax incentives related to capital equipment purchases boost buying at this time of year, as company accountants advise execs that they have the choice of either spending money on some new equipment before the end of the year, or paying it to the government as taxes a few months from now.

For this reason, sales of new pick-up trucks tend to pick up in December.
Some try to wait until the very end of the year hoping to get the best deal, but it's been suggested that lower than normal inventory levels may leave the procrastinators not finding exactly the truck they might want.
I am not sure how the tax laws work here, as I am only a truck driver.
You may be on to something though, things are picking up, and that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This isn't really true at all. "The CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2017–2018 season was also high with an estimated 48.8 million people getting sick with influenza, 22.7 million people going to a health care provider, 959,000 hospitalizations, and 79,400 deaths from influenza" . So that's a death rate of less than 0.2%. Current closed cases of Covid indicate that there is a 3% death rate. That’s 47,201,519 closed cases of which 1,519,984 had died as of today. A 3% mortality rate is like 15 times higher than 0.2%

Mostly because us Americans are stupid and can't grasp basic science.

Any state/event that didn't do the right thing suffered the consequences. Sturgis, the White House, Spring Break, Churches...Just wait until it's 2 weeks after Thanksgiving and we get the results from those 2 million + retards who chose plane travel.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Glad business is picking back up! We ebb and flow where I am.

I'm most worried about the children and their educational and social growth during all of this. Plenty of kids haven't seen other kids for 9 months now. Educators are doing the best they can but online learning is just not a suitable replacement for in-class learning, especially for lower age groups that need more direction.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Well, the flu season doesn't last for a year and get worse as time goes on.

Mostly because us Americans are stupid and can't grasp basic science.

Any state/event that didn't do the right thing suffered the consequences. Sturgis, the White House, Spring Break, Churches...Just wait until it's 2 weeks after Thanksgiving and we get the results from those 2 million + retards who chose plane travel.

Oh, so now it's airplanes causing the virus infection LOL 🤣😂

When everyone started using masks more, that really helped, right? LOL

And they tell me China, has all but eliminated it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh, so now it's airplanes causing the virus infection LOL 🤣😂
No..Don't be silly. If an airplane sits empty and nobody gets on it, does it spread any Covid? It's the people riding the airplanes and being around others outside of thier own family with unknown exposure. It's being in the airplane, the airport, the taxi, the mall, the movie theater next to the person who won't wear a mask, church. That's why you should only go out for ESSENTIAL things.

When everyone started using masks more, that really helped, right? LOL
It would if everyone actually did wear a mask. Overwhelming science says so. Problem is...everyone does not. A mask just isn't to protect you...it's there to protect everyone else from you also. It works both ways.

Your responses only reinforce my point about Americans being stupid.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It's being in the airplane, the airport, the taxi, the mall, the movie theater next to the person who won't wear a mask, church. That's why you should only go out for ESSENTIAL things.

It would if everyone actually did wear a mask. Overwhelming science says so. Problem is...everyone does not.

Your responses only reinforce my point about Americans being stupid.
So, if you're wearing your mask- EVERYWHERE, and you don't touch things that might have a significant amount of live virus on them, and..........., oh wait, but you touched something, and now you touch your mask, itch your nose, adjust your mask, etc.

Overwhelming Science?

Yeah, I'm just an uneducated Stupid American.

I'm glad I could reinforce your VIEW points.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Overwhelming Science?
Draconian measures by the leaders who go out and break them just reinforces the BS going on. Hard to believe the “science” when scarfs, t-shirt, bandanas all fill the requirements of a mask. Sorry for the pic but just want to steer this thread a bit before it goes down the rabbit hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Draconian measures by the leaders who go out and break them just reinforces the BS going on.
True. A sad sign of the times.

Hard to believe the “science” when scarfs, t-shirt, bandanas all fill the requirements of a mask. Sorry for the pic but just want to steer this thread a bit before it goes down the rabbit hole.
True. They may qualify as a "mask" for legal purposes but they have varying levels of effectiveness.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yes! For those who haven't grasped the basics nearly a year later, here is a refresher.

Covid-19, How to Protect Yourself & Others
Not sure where you're coming from on this.

I AM sure that there are people on this forum, even me maybe, that forgot more than you ever thought you knew.

I didn't 'click' your link, sorry. I don't need a lesson on this from you or your link.

Have you been documented infected by Sars CoV-2 yet? Me either.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts