Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally put this under the Canadian thread but then I thought that was a little snooty.

Here it is for all to discuss

"Ok. I know I won't get the exposure in this thread that I would under General but I want to get the Canadian contingent a little more vocal.

Picked up my Pilot on Wednesday. Was able to haggle an additional $500 (Canadain, about $2.50 us) off because I agrred to take the Blue. It will have a hard time selling in Calgary. NO offense to those who like the colour. At any rate my wife and I are interested in the interior colour anyway. We have 4 kids and wanted the grey not the sandle.

What I need to know. How many km's per tank can we espect? Are any of the Canadians having trouble like our neighbours below the 49?

Here are my first imprssions. Seating very uncomfortable for driving. I hope it's just an adjustment thing and I have not found the right spot.
Third row not as bad getting into as I thought.
Quality overall seems very good.
Don't like the look of the vinyl but other material looks great.
Headroom fabulous
ability to park, great.
ride is fantastic
Turning radius rocks
Stereo great
climate control awesome
cargo. fit in 2 sets of gold clubs without putting down the third row
Interoir amenities are well laid out. In particular I like the centre console and the interior lights
Overall I am very satisfied. Although I should be when you consider the amount you have to pay for one of these things"

·
Registered
206 Posts
scottmac said:

Here it is for all to discuss

Here are my first imprssions. Seating very uncomfortable for driving. I hope it's just an adjustment thing and I have not found the right spot.
Third row not as bad getting into as I thought.
Quality overall seems very good.
Don't like the look of the vinyl but other material looks great.
Headroom fabulous
ability to park, great.
ride is fantastic
Turning radius rocks
Stereo great
climate control awesome
cargo. fit in 2 sets of gold clubs without putting down the third row
Interoir amenities are well laid out. In particular I like the centre console and the interior lights
Overall I am very satisfied. Although I should be when you consider the amount you have to pay for one of these things"
I thought I'd give you another set of first impressions, especially because it's a bit later in the production year.

I found the front seat very uncomfortable until I adjusted it (duh, MacB.) I was having trouble holding my heel on the floor while stepping on the accelerator. I moved the front of the seat down. Voila.
The third row is the kids' favorite place to sit (we have four, like scottmac). No one has complained, and everyone can get in and out easily. All their friends want to sit there too!
Overall Quality is good, I agree. I like the two-tone effect of the leather and vinyl...
Enough headroom for my 6'4" brother-in-law.
EASY to park! I have to parallel daily, and it is a breeze. It is the same length as my old Volvo.
The ride is great--I feel the road, but the road does not offend me
:5:
The turning radius? Well...it can't beat the Volvo (32 feet curb to curb; turns on a wheel), but it is no problem, even on city streets.
Stereo works well, even with multi-track tapes. CD player is lovely, and the steering wheel controls are so convenient.
The kids love the climate control, and the vents are tight.
We also have found that the cargo space is adequate, without folding the third row. It easily accomodates a full sized cello in a hard case.
I love the lighting scheme. The maplights are great for the kids, the instruments are well lit, and the on/off switch for the interior lighting is right by the door, in case I forget and need to reach back in and turn them off.

The inside is so much bigger than it appears on the outside. How did they do that?

I got about 16 mpg on my first tank, mostly city. I can't complain.

On the downside, I am not used to putting the car into gear with a lever on the steering column, and I have grabbed the windshield wiper lever more than once.:( I have not damaged anything, but it will take a concerted effort to develop a different habit.

All this within a week of delivery. Perhpas I'll have more to say sometime soon!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up my Pilot yesterday - the dealership had it all nice and clean and beautiful - and what do I do? Ruin the whole thing by attempting to put it in gear using the windshield wiper lever. Of course now it has a dirty looking front window and I think my driver side squirty thing leaks because there is residue all over the hood.

Anyway, I must have done that 4 or 5 times yesterday - a friend of mine that was with me got the biggest kick out of it.......not me, now I need to wash it!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Don't Worry...

In no time at all, using the column shifter will become second nature to you.

Enjoy your new Pilot!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one

...who has to change a habit!

I did panic a bit yesterday as I heard a ticktick tick sound fronm the front tire. I pulled over to check it out, and found a two inch long twig had lodged in the tread. I guess I have Pilot paranoia!

1 week, and still loving it!

:17:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think I have Pilot paranoia too. I have a large set of keys, so everytime I hit the brake my keys would swing back and forth, lighly tapping the dashboard. It took me forever to figure out where the ticking was coming from. I also freaked out!!:3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts