Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had snow overnight continuing into morning rush hour here in Calgary. Since my wife has parking downtown, our commute usually consists of her driving, and dropping me off first at my office. At the sight of our snowy streets I rushed though my AM ritual to beat her out to the garage so I could drive. No such luck, she's already sitting in the driver's seat, warming up the Pilot. I suggest maybe I should drive and all I get is a laugh. It's absolute gridlock getting out of our hilly and icy suburb, so we try taking some back roads to avoid the jam. I sulk as my wife is making comments on how great the traction and handing is with the Pilot and how she can feel the rear wheels kicking in as we navigate up some very slick snow and ice covered hills. Our little country detour doesn't help much so I have lots of time to calm down as our normal 20 to 25 minute commute takes about 90 minutes.

Looks like a long winter. I will get my chance.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yeah, I dated a girl like that once...;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snow tires

jfrano said:
Sounds good! What kind of tires do you have on the Pilot? Are you considering Winter tires?

Joe
I just have the stock Integrity's. I think I'll stick with them as opposed to getting snowtires. We have the occasional winter day with really poor driving conditions here but the majority of the time city driving conditions are pretty good. We also do some driving out to the mountain ski hills west of here where conditions can be tougher but we've never had any problems previously with lesser vehicle/tire combos's. Maybe we've just been lucky, but I have the feeling the stock tires plus the all wheel drive will be sufficient for about 99.5% of the driving we do. When the Integrity's wear out, I'll reevaluate.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Greetings, Fellow Albertan!

We got a bit of snow here as well, but not so much that I could fully test out the Pilot's VTM-4's capabilities. Hopefully, you'll be reporting about it before I do :D

Glad you guys signed Iginla to keep him there. Our Oilers never seem to be able to keep any talent on the roster. Look how well, Dough Weight and Bill Guerin are doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts