Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First AZ Pilot Run 9/22 *CHANGE

Just to make it official...

IMPORTANT: please note the time and location change from the original message!!!

Come one, come all to the first Arizona Pilot Run. Any and all Pilot owners, future owners, or admirers are welcome. Pets and children are also welcome.

Date: Sunday, September 22, 2002

Time: 10:30am

Place: We'll meet at the I-17/Anthem exit, in the gas station parking lot on the southwest side. Look for the Sandstone Pilots.

Run: We'll leave CJ and head up to Sedona and stop for a snack and to enjoy the beautiful red rocks. For those who want to continue, we'll head up 89A to Flag. If you have never been up 89A, it's one of the most scenic and fun stretches of highway in this country (seriously). After Flag, we'll head back down to the valley.

Hope you can join us!

·
Registered
494 Posts
My wife and I will be there, camera in hand.

Anyone else???

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to bring the video camera too. Been working on building a steady-cam and hope to have it ready this weekend. Might be a good test run (no pun intended).

·
Registered
698 Posts
You aren't gonna believe this but...

You aren't gonna believe this but...

... I can't go.

Yes, I know I've been like a sugared-up squirrel on a caffeine high about doing this BUT, I got a call about a new job and they want to see me on, of all days -- Sunday. Its not negotiable, either.

This pays a LOT more than what I am making and up here in what we affectionately call, "poverty with a view" land. Opportunities like this are few and far between.

So ... please don't be mad at me, ok? :(

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All right boyz, let's get 'er :11:

Just kidding :D I would do the same.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Doh!:eek:

It's okay, I understand. A good job can be really hard to find. Good luck with the interview.

What about after the interview? Do you need some Piloteer support at the interview? :)

Threadhead are you still up to it?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm glad you guys are still meeting. Its gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOL.

I feel like the little girl who gets to stay home and play with the make-up while everyone else goes to the prom. :(

Take LOTS of pictures, ok? I'll throw up a webpage with them alright? Thread, can your camera convert to MPGs? If so, we can put up an MPG or two as well. :)

Even though I am not there, I am still going to participate in spirit. :)

:4:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CP: you will be missed. But don't worry too much, we will plan another very soon. Start thinking of ideas.

Tony: since CP can't make it and she was the one who need to meet later, would you like to move the time up a few hours? Maybe meet around 10am or 10:30am?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Threadhead 10:30 AM sounds good. Do you want to meet at the same location?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that's a good idea. How about the Anthem exit? I'm pretty sure there is a gas station on the southwest side of the highway.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Okay, Anthem exit, sw corner at gas station, at 10:30 AM :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Being a grown-up is great cause you get to drive a new Pilot.
Being a grown-up is terrible cause you gotta work to afford that new Pilot.
FEELING LIKE A BIG BABY...

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's 10:33 PM Arizona time. The run is Tomorrow Morning!!! 12 more hours...:cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Post lots of photos

Tony said:
It's 10:33 PM Arizona time. The run is Tomorrow Morning!!! 12 more hours...:cool:
Please let's see pics...we who are not lucky enought to live in the area can have a virtual "meet" with you Arizonans. Hope you guys have great fun!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'll get the Picts posted in the Gallery as soon as possible.

1hr, 45 min to go!:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well ... ???

Hey Tony and Threadhead,

I was with you in spirit guys. Was it fun?

Tell me how it went, ok?

(P.S. - the job I was shooting for - just got filled. Hey Thread, you need a graphic artist for your shop? I'm pretty good at Photoshop... )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts