Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like all computers..to keep optimum performance updates / upgrades are always needed would the dealership update the PCM on request or would Honda turn around and say well if it aint broke leave it alone ?..meanwhile many customers are driving around with difference versions of the software that drives the PCM's ..

I just wanted to make sure that the software is running at it's peak design not on something that was flashed installed back in 2014 for my 2015 Pilot Fisher Price edition.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
You love to make fun of your "fisher price" edition... My mom had an '04 and we have a '15, outside of the design being more "chunky" on the 2nd gen I don't remember hers having any less hard plastics in it. I honestly view it as more durable than the soft touch materials in my Traverse for traveling with children.

RE: PCM/ECU flashing, I don't think any dealer does it unless there is a recall or there is an unidentifiable issue going on, sometimes they try a reflash to see if they can get the issue to go away. Doesn't hurt to try though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
About 3 years ago my 2013 received an ECU update for the EGR valve to minimize it getting fouled. It happened at the end of the warranty period.

If you went in there and asked for the latest file it’s going to cost you and I’m not necessarily a fan of updates unless you have a good reason, leave well enough alone. That said on my other cars I love getting performance flashes but on the Pilot I’ll leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah so it looks like im not even going to bother for a minute I forgot it's a pilot ..that's what I love bout GMs and fords and Jeeps you can download the updates from sources but if you fubar the truck..it's on you .. I only seen that happen once when a snap on dealership was doing a demo and it fried the ECU on the spot

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You love to make fun of your "fisher price" edition..
Darn right .. My beer can has heavier gauge metal than some of these pilots... They really are not like they used to be ..lean on one and you dent the side....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts