Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a fire extinguisher mounted in their Pilot? I've been looking into getting a fire extinguisher as a preventative measure, not because I'm afraid the Pilot will catch on fire, but for the sake of being able to do something if I stumble upon a fire.

If so, where do you have it mounted? What size did you go for?

Ideally, I'd like to avoid passenger seat mounts for the sake of the passenger's comfort, and the center console as it's a high traffic location when storing items. Would the lift up storage in the trunk be the ideal place to throw a fire extinguisher? Maybe a vertical mount on the side cutouts in the trunk for larger fire extinguishers?

·
Registered
158 Posts
While I don't have a fire extinguisher in our '17 Pilot, I have had one mounted in our previous Street Rods..... a '31 Model A Vicky and a '33 Ford Vicky. In both those cases, I mounted it flat on the floor, horizontally directly in front of the drivers seat. Allow enough room for the seat to slide all the way forward. Should you ever need it while trapped in the vehicle, it's right there in front of you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like to have Halon extinguisher inside my vehicles...cleaner to use than the powder. They are quite a bit more expensive tho. I also carry a couple of the spray cans of Tundra fire extinguishers as well as a 2.5 lb regular extinguisher.

I just have them in the back in a bag. My Toyota Tundra i have a drivers seat mount that a guy custom fabbed up...works great.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've never kept one in a daily driver, but I have a small one I keep in my '61 Impala (that's worth saving if on fire to me). I keep it behind the drivers seat with some towels assuming the fire is underhood and those will hopefully keep the burns to a minimum while lifting the hood.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not a great spot, due to access, but a small fire extinguisher, just kept in the box, placed under the rear cargo compartment in the down position, depending on the brand you got, might fit in there? If you came across someone, you could pop out, grab it from the back and roll...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts