Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Of note: A ceramic coating is a much more involved process than a spray sealant. The results should be superior but it they require much more exacting conditions and procedures.

Additionally: OP - it looks like I could dive into the paint, excellent job.

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Do anything special, different, difficult to use it?
Unfortunately there is about a six stage cleaning that leads you up to the ceramic coat.. We started with a good cleaning, then an iron removal, then clay bar, then color correction, then wipe away, then the darn ceramic 馃槼馃槤.. Then the car cures for 3 days without any elements touching it ... 馃槼馃槵. Then supposedly, your good for a couple of years.. 馃槈馃憤.

Registered
Unfortunately there is about a six stage cleaning that leads you up to the ceramic coat.. We started with a good cleaning, then an iron removal, then clay bar, then color correction, then wipe away, then the darn ceramic 馃槼馃槤.. Then the car cures for 3 days without any elements touching it ... 馃槼馃槵. Then supposedly, your good for a couple of years.. 馃槈馃憤.
OK, thanks! What's involved with iron removal and color correction?

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, thanks! What's involved with iron removal and color correction?
Iron removal is just a spray to use that goes on wet and rinses off and gets rid of iron and other industrial pollutants on your car and paint correction is applied using a compound that fills in scratches and removes a thin layer of old paint.. That鈥檚 applied like wax and buffed off.. I hope that helps.. 馃槉馃憤. If you Google 鈥淐hemical Guys 鈥. They have all the steps 馃槉.

Registered
Iron removal is just a spray to use that goes on wet and rinses off and gets rid of iron and other industrial pollutants on your car and paint correction is applied using a compound that fills in scratches and removes a thin layer of old paint.. That鈥檚 applied like wax and buffed off.. I hope that helps.. 馃槉馃憤. If you Google 鈥淐hemical Guys 鈥. They have all the steps 馃槉.
OK thanks ... sounds like too much work for me.

Registered
The difference between a driveway wash and waxer and a true detailer. About 10 years ago I expanded my arsenal to include all of the interim steps, they really do make a big difference.

Reactions: skadoo323
1 - 18 of 18 Posts