Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go folks! The great quest is over!!!! Yesterday I drove 40 miles form home to MA and placed an order for a Silver EX-L @ $1500 below MSRP. Expected delivery 4 weeks. Not sure whether I will get a 03 or 04 but the deal will be the same for both.

The best local offer I could find was $500 below MSRP with much haggling. As JK110 put it - $1100 buys a lot of gas!! ;)

The whole process was pretty painless and I was in and out of there in 30 minutes. I had to put down a $500 fully refundable deposit and they gave me a sales order showing the discount.

If anybody in the New England area is looking for a deal just pm me and I will send you the details.

Now the waiting begins.....

Better head over to hondacuraworld.com........

:D :D :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
From listening around, I would encourage you to get a VIN as soon as possible to ensure accuracy. It has been known to push back the time table on a deposited customer with a discount while the dealer continues to sell "your" Pilot at MSRP. Not to say this is happening here, just beware.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought my Pilot EX-L Sagebrush on August 1st for $29489 plus TTL. The dealer had a trade with some other dealer.
Best part was they had rear spalsh guards and wheels locks on and didn't know about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hubby45251 said:
From listening around, I would encourage you to get a VIN as soon as possible to ensure accuracy. It has been known to push back the time table on a deposited customer with a discount while the dealer continues to sell "your" Pilot at MSRP. Not to say this is happening here, just beware.
How do I go about getting a VIN? They will just say that the car has not been produced yet?:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
mkf said:

How do I go about getting a VIN? They will just say that the car has not been produced yet?:confused:
Simply ask your dealer to give it to you, along with expected build date info as soon as available. I don't remember exactly how early in the whole build/ship process the VIN is available, but you will have it several weeks before the vehicle ever shows up.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
If I remember correctly, the dealership can find out what the VIN is as soon as the vehicle is built. Then they can follow the vehicle all the way to the dealership, i.e., they know where the truck is that's carrying the vehicle.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Congrats!

Way to go MKF on your new addition. Keep us posted on the progress of the expected delivery and then we want pictures of the new family member.

Don:2:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
When we were looking, the Dealers told us they would only know the VINs when the vehicle was put on the trailer for shipment.

At that time they know all the colors and trims coming, make sure they confirm your choices with the VIN.

Like the other's mentioned, getting the VIN early keeps the Dealer from selling your Pilot to a "walk in" customer.
mkf said:
...Not sure whether I will get a 03 or 04 but the deal will be the same for both...
Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I wonder if the 03 should be cheaper than the 04. Plus if you get an 03, you already have one year of resale depreciation when you drive it off the lot. Maybe you can use your "disappointment" to get some from add-ons.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: finally placed my order - finally found a great price

tim.s said:
Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I wonder if the 03 should be cheaper than the 04. Plus if you get an 03, you already have one year of resale depreciation when you drive it off the lot. Maybe you can use your "disappointment" to get some from add-ons.
The dealers act like they are doing you the biggest favor even offering any discount. I tried to negotiate on some accessories but he wouldn't budge from MSRP. $800 for Running boards??? Give me a break!!!

The market in NEw England is so tight that it is almost impossible to get a discount on a Pilot. I know people are buying Pilots in the Midwest for $800.00 over invoice. You mention a discount off MSRP here and they laugh at your face.

Anyway, I am thinking of going for an 04, for the heated seats, since the winters here are so harsh.

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey mkf,
can you provide me with the dealer details?
I am also looking to buy a EX-L with Entertainment.

Thanks...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have sold a Pilot to a gentleman from Maryland because the discount was better then the MSRP + he was getting quoted. Sometimes a redeye flight and drive back make it worth it to check outside the area.

The dealers ability to track a vehicle is not as refined as UPS and boxes, but they should be able to give you a build date and approxamate ETA. There within, they should be able to provide you with a VIN as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vishal said:
hey mkf,
can you provide me with the dealer details?
I am also looking to buy a EX-L with Entertainment.

Thanks...
Vishal,
Check your pm. Good Luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
mkf - pm

Hi, mkf, I sent you a PM asking for the dealer information also. I haven't heard anything from you. But it's my first time did that (PM), so I'm posting my message here again just in case I did something wrong there. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: mkf - pm

newbie said:
Hi, mkf, I sent you a PM asking for the dealer information also. I haven't heard anything from you. But it's my first time did that (PM), so I'm posting my message here again just in case I did something wrong there. Thanks.
Newbie,
check your pm. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am new to this board and found the information confirms what I wanted. So, I ordered the 2004 Silver Pilot EXL w/ nav. The dealer called yesterday to say it would be built the last week of August and they would have it 3 weeks later.

Other than a test ride at a local dealer (who would not move off of sticker price for a 2003), I did internet research, and lots of phone contacts.

I'm just too excited! The last time "I" picked the exact car I wanted was in 1988!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Congratulations, klc1923. :15: and welcome to the group.

·
Registered
88 Posts
klc1923, please check your PM...thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
klc1923

klc1923, I assume you ordered a little while ago to get it that soon. Most dealers I checked with all said that I'd get the car (2004 model) in Oct. to Nov. frame if I order them now. Most dealers said that they had pre-sold the ones they already ordered. Anyway, congratulations.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually placed the order on Monday 8/18. The dealer said they would "swap" one 'unclaimed' Pilot they had on order to match what I wanted. Then she called back the next day to say they located a vehicle and it would be built between 8/26 - 8/30. When I inquired about a vin #, she told me it would not be available until it was built.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts