Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the months of my wife’s complaints on the “Keyless Start System Problem”error message, I finally stopped in to my local Honda dealership to purchase a new start button today. I decided to ask if there was a service bulletin on this issue. Hallelujah! American Honda is now extending the warranty for the keyless start system to nine years from the original date of purchase. Going to have them take a look at it on Monday rather than me pulling my dash apart...great news eh? (Well, not exactly great news for all you guys who already struggled through this one...)

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
It's about time. Surprised it doesn't cover more years.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot Elite
2 Posts
Hey I'm wondering has anyone else had this other problem with Keyless Engine start: Not all the time, but I'd say about 1/10 of the times I use keyless start I get into the car, press the break/start button, but at that point can not turn on the seat heaters or steering wheel heater. I've reported it to my dealer (I am in a 2017 still under warranty) but it doesn't happen all the time so I'm unable to prove it to them. Any others have this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have also been getting the keyless engine start error message off and on. Just like the emissions system error that pops up occassionally (a separate issue that Honda just extended the warranty on), it seems to come and go. When it shows up, it seems to do so for maybe 1~2 days at a time and then goes away. I have a 2016 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV. I have an appt. with my local Honda dealer for this Thursday to have both issues (keyless starter issue and the emissions error) addressed under the warranty extensions. I can't find the actual mailer I got from Honda about the keyless starter issue warranty extension but I found a copy of such on the web.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my push-button starter replaced and fuel injectors and software updated on Thursday and so far so good. All of the issues regarding the 2 errors have been addressed. All work was done free under Honda's extended warranty releases issued in Dec. and in March that specifically mentioned these 2 issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After the months of my wife’s complaints on the “Keyless Start System Problem”error message, I finally stopped in to my local Honda dealership to purchase a new start button today. I decided to ask if there was a service bulletin on this issue. Hallelujah! American Honda is now extending the warranty for the keyless start system to nine years from the original date of purchase. Going to have them take a look at it on Monday rather than me pulling my dash apart...great news eh? (Well, not exactly great news for all you guys who already struggled through this one...) View attachment 142966
YES! Took mine in last week and asked them to replace it. Tech said asked if I was having problems. Now, what does he think -- that I am going to wait till I am stranded somewhere. Yes, I had a problem, the light was on telling me I had a problem. Glad Honda owned up to this problem and do hope it is permanently fixed. Now, If I can find my fob, I will be happy.:cool:

·
Registered
130 Posts
We had an issue where it would start but give an error about keyless system, was rather regular, did remote batteries no luck. I thought the dealer was nuts when they told me it was the idle engine off switch but kept my mouth shut (experience as a benz tech, seen weirder things) and its been about a year now and I have not seen that error; knock on wood. I wonder how many others may have the same issue but are getting ignitions replaced with no luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts