Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after lurking for a month or two on this site, I am pleased to announce that I finally brought home our SS EX-L yesterday. We had wanted one for about a year now, but missed a few chances to get one for three grand off MSRP, as we were waiting for the arrival of our first child. After the stork dropped him off last month we decided it was time to get a family-mobile. After much negotiating and price comparisons, I finally closed the deal for $300 over invoice. Got free VIN etching (value? nada cost? $289 if you're crazy enough to pay for it) after refusing the "required" fee for it. The Pilot was still covered in plastic wrap on the dealer's backlot after being delivered Saturday night, but they had already etched it by Monday morning. Also got free oil changes for a year and a Hondacare 100K/no deductible warranty for $795 (thanks in large part to this site) after the finance manager first pitched a 75K aftermarket warranty (ie. no loaner car included) with a $50 deductible for $1300 or so. A little information can stretch one's budget pretty far....though I doubt I'll get an invitation to the dealer's Christmas party. Anyway, I consider it a victory at last and look forward to many happy years of being a Pioloteer!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
skirmish said:
Well, after lurking for a month or two on this site, I am pleased to announce that I finally brought home our SS EX-L yesterday. We had wanted one for about a year now, but missed a few chances to get one for three grand off MSRP, as we were waiting for the arrival of our first child. After the stork dropped him off last month we decided it was time to get a family-mobile. After much negotiating and price comparisons, I finally closed the deal for $300 over invoice. Got free VIN etching (value? nada cost? $289 if you're crazy enough to pay for it) after refusing the "required" fee for it. The Pilot was still covered in plastic wrap on the dealer's backlot after being delivered Saturday night, but they had already etched it by Monday morning. Also got free oil changes for a year and a Hondacare 100K/no deductible warranty for $795 (thanks in large part to this site) after the finance manager first pitched a 75K aftermarket warranty (ie. no loaner car included) with a $50 deductible for $1300 or so. A little information can stretch one's budget pretty far....though I doubt I'll get an invitation to the dealer's Christmas party. Anyway, I consider it a victory at last and look forward to many happy years of being a Pioloteer!
Welcome aboard skirmish!!!! :)

Sounds to me like you got a pretty decent deal on your new SS EX-L! You will love it!

:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally got your Pilot

Where did you get such a great deal? I am waiting for my SS EL-L w/Nav to arrive in a couple of weeks but I didn't get anywhere near the deal you were offered. I guess I need to brush up on my negotiating skills.

Congrats! You got a great buy!!:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the family, skirmish!

--Bret

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
SteveLuman said:
Maybe this is a crazy question, but why does the # of posts for skirmish show up as "0"?
Good question......

Admin??

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
SteveLuman said:
Maybe this is a crazy question, but why does the # of posts for skirmish show up as "0"?
Database problem last night (or server problem) -- skirmish posted, but the count wasn't increased. This happens to all of us when we post and there is a database/server problem, e.g., our post(s) go through but the count remains the same... :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. We have never regretted buying ours.

I do have one question though. We bought our 7 yr/100k warranty with $50 deductible from Megan at Pohanka Honda and we paid $1055.00, which I had researched and found to be a good price.

How did you get a 100k warranty for $795.00? Please do tell-I am curious.....

----------
ncelk-03 TW EX-L

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before finishing the deal I visited the Honda Care site and got the prices for a 5 yr/100k warranty ($970 w/no deductible, $870 with $50 deductible). Armed with that knowledge, I told the guy I would buy it directly on-line from Honda Care. He then cracked open a binder, glanced at something (prices?), and countered with an offer of $795 for a 5 yr/100k warranty/zero deductible if I would buy it through him at the dealer. Well, I figured that was a savings of $175 so I agreed to it. I'm sure he still made money off it, but I saved $$$ too... At first he tried to sell a warranty from United Auto Group (?), the dealership's parent co./owner. Same price but the difference between it and Honda Care coverage was that their warranty did not include road side assistance nor a loaner vehicle during warranty repairs...that made it a really tough decision. They try to sell their own first, then if someone asks about Honda Care they'll sell it instead (ie. less profit I suspect). A little knowlede and a lot of patience helps a bunch!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
congrats...you got a great car(truck??) at a great price. Welcome...:2: :2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
correction: it was $890 not $870 for the Honda Care warranty on-line (with deductible). Also, after visiting the site I got an automated reply offering an additional discount off the web site prices, but I still came out ahead in person...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

Database problem last night (or server problem) -- skirmish posted, but the count wasn't increased. This happens to all of us when we post and there is a database/server problem, e.g., our post(s) go through but the count remains the same... :)
Absolutely right - I had just never seen it happen before with the first post!!! But, it could happen to anyone at anytime and anywhere!

Smile, you're on Candid Camera!!!

:)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
SteveLuman said:
From time to time when the database is acting up it will post a message and not increment the message count. If skimish posted his first message during one of these times he could have a message here with a post count of 0.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
colorider said:

Good question......

Admin??
What does the STPilot mean before Moderator?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
kemosabe said:

We're not going to start this business again are we. :2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts