Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lurking around here (and asking a question about towing equipment), I managed to find a decent 2015, EX-L, with 88k miles and a solid maintenance history. The tires are even good.

Yes, I've already ordered a VCMTuner-II. The VCM "shudder" isn't as pronounced as some people have reported, but it's noticeable and annoys me to no end. If the device will help prolong the life of the engine (and those pricey engine mounts), it'll be money well spent.

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
After lurking around here (and asking a question about towing equipment), I managed to find a decent 2015, EX-L, with 88k miles and a solid maintenance history. The tires are even good.

Yes, I've already ordered a VCMTuner-II. The VCM "shudder" isn't as pronounced as some people have reported, but it's noticeable and annoys me to no end. If the device will help prolong the life of the engine (and those pricey engine mounts), it'll be money well spent.
Post up some picks when you can.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Welcome! Great job identifying VCM as something to deal with, that's one of the biggest things you can do to prolong the life of your Pilot.

Now for the possibly bad news... All 2015 Pilots are officially hitting 7 years old this year and this is the age (regardless of how low the miles are) that the timing belt service should be done. If you can do it all yourself it's a $300ish dollar service, if you need a dealer or shop it could be anywhere from $750-$1,500 in most areas. This is not an optional service and not one you want to gamble extending since a timing belt failure results in a new engine.

Pics!

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Pilot.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Welcome! Great job identifying VCM as something to deal with, that's one of the biggest things you can do to prolong the life of your Pilot.

Now for the possibly bad news... All 2015 Pilots are officially hitting 7 years old this year and this is the age (regardless of how low the miles are) that the timing belt service should be done. If you can do it all yourself it's a $300ish dollar service, if you need a dealer or shop it could be anywhere from $750-$1,500 in most areas. This is not an optional service and not one you want to gamble extending since a timing belt failure results in a new engine.

Pics!
Stop reminding me! Our new to us 2015 Pilot w/ 68K miles is no where near the mileage requirement, BUT....... like you said, father time is speaking up.

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts

Welcome.
Good call on the anti-VCM device ( I use the SVCM)
How much did it the '15 cost total if you don't mind me asking?
If you feel more comfortable, you could PM me- would stay confidential.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts