Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Finally found a 1st Gen Pilot

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  PCH_Pilot 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I’m the proud new owner of a 2008 Pilot EX-L w Navi in taffeta white and tan interior. Never owned a Pilot before (or a Honda for that matter) and my wife and I are super excited to hit the road in this baby!

We’d been looking for a gently used SUV for months (we were considering 1st or 2nd Gen Pilots, CR-V, RAV4, Highlander, and CX-5), and we finally found the one that checks almost all the boxes. 94k miles, leather seats, third row, a studio apt’s worth of storage, navigation, sun roof, 6 disc changer, frame/body/paint still bright and tight. I’m stoked!

The only down sides are 1) no towing package, and 2) she’s coming up on 100k miles and will likely need some $$ service soon to get her into shape.

We’re in CA and just drove an hour up CA-1 at sunset to celebrate, Pacific Ocean out my window, and on the way back my wife fell asleep in her heated leather seat listening to some Jimi Hendrix. Life is good!

#3 ·
Nice find! Post up some pics... Your description of your drive makes me really jealous sitting in my cubicle on a rainy day.

Do you have any idea on the maintenance history? If you are over 7 years or unknow on your current timing belt I'd be looking to replace that soon.

Reactions: PCH_Pilot
#5 ·
Nice find, low miles too!

If you hear a belt, it's the Serpentine, not the Timing Belt. TB is due at 105K miles or 7 yrs, which ever is first

#6 ·
Get both belts done at the same time: timing (ask for the Aisin kit by name) and serpentine.

listening to some Jimi Hendrix
And the answer to the mondegreen is, "Excuse me while I kiss THE SKY." :)

#9 ·
Congrats on the new to you Pilot. That’s great that the dealer has discounted the upcoming 105k mile service. Typically spark plugs get replaced and the valves get adjusted at the 105k mark as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.