Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With June 2003 quickly coming, so does the one year anniversary of being in this forum and owning my Pilot. This Forum has been great, but lately seems like "useable" info has been scarce. I was on vacation about 3 days and came back to see that I had close to 1000 unread posts. Sheesh!!!

Would like to take this opportunity to thank some of the "Old School" members that offered a wealth of knowledge, informative pics, and info regarding the Pilot. Members like N-Jay, PrG, Soaplant, xyzzy, Sage (The VIN OrGANIZER), and of course The Worm, Admin, and Tim (Hondacuraworld). To me you are all the cream of the crop when it comes to Honda Owners.

No disrespect to anyone, because I did it a couple of times myself to get a point across, but not every single post needs a comic strip. I've said it myself that this forum is like a picnic w/ a bunch of Pilot owners casually talking, but it would be great if we could stick to the main subject and not "threaddrift" so far out that people lose interest.

With that said I bid you all farewell and Happy Piloting.

·
Registered
449 Posts
See you around Nighthawk!
We started this board the same month and own the same NBP Pilot. Thanks for stopping by.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nighthawk,

Well said, (and also meaning no disrespect to others) I share your sentiment whole heartedly. Unfortunately there is no way one can elect to filter out the "Off Topic"/ threaddrift stuff. Luckily though, there still is the "search" feature should we need to check back to tap the knowledge base.

The Forum has been of tremendous benefit (going all the way back to the dilemma of the "headrest dimples" caused by the storage bin:eek: ) to the tip on bending the throttle bracket to eliminate annoying "pinging" (thx Worm). Such insight the dealer would not be able to provide.

Later

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
nighthawk said:
I've said it myself that this forum is like a picnic w/ a bunch of Pilot owners casually talking, but it would be great if we could stick to the main subject and not "threaddrift" so far out that people lose interest.

With that said I bid you all farewell and Happy Piloting.
Isn't that what moderators are for?

I'm new to the site because I've only had my Pilot a month. But owning a 2003, I will probably be considered an elder statesman before too long, as more new owners come on board.

I've already found invaluable information in these threads. Even the over analytical minutiae of some of the vehicle's features are interesting. Hey, I got a new car and I'm excited.

Irrelevant posts and gratuitous images is a problem that will get worse as the ranks of Pilot owners and this site's membership grows. It would be a shame if the more valued contributors gave way to inane puff posters and even bashers.

Farewell, Nighthawk. I hardly Knew ye.

P.S. davemac, love your dog; I have two BMDs myself.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think we can even things out by having people do less browsing and have them post! I know that I like to research things a bit before posting, but I KNOW some of you know the answer but aren't posting.

POST!

This is a newsgroup where members share knowledge. We need to keep the core value of this board going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts