Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new Sandstone metallic EX-L. Got a great deal on the vehicle plus accessories because I purchased Honda's extended 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. I even did much better than the best deal CarCostCanada could negotiate.
Dealer wants to sell me "Final coat"rust inhibitor,underbody protection,final coat sealant and leather protection for $650Cdn.
When I read some of the stories re accidents on the leather upholstey,maybe it's worth considering.
Has anyone purchased this or a similar product? Is it worth the additional $?

·
Registered
423 Posts
CalgaryPilot said:
Just purchased a new Sandstone metallic EX-L. Got a great deal on the vehicle plus accessories because I purchased Honda's extended 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. I even did much better than the best deal CarCostCanada could negotiate.
Dealer wants to sell me "Final coat"rust inhibitor,underbody protection,final coat sealant and leather protection for $650Cdn.
When I read some of the stories re accidents on the leather upholstey,maybe it's worth considering.

NO!

·
Registered
336 Posts
CalgaryPilot said:
Dealer wants to sell me "Final coat"rust inhibitor,under-body protection,final coat sealant and leather protection for $650Cdn.
When I read some of the stories re accidents on the leather upholstery,maybe it's worth considering.
If you really want to give the dealer some more money, then by all means, go for it. If you want to get something useful for the $$$, buy something else...

The "rust and dust" is pure dealer 'gravy' profit. They sell you a wax job and detail for $600+ Most people don't consider that to be a very good deal.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
CalgaryPilot said:
The "final coat" package that your dealer wants you to buy is one of the oldest scams around!!! This practice was pretty much "the norm" or "standard operating procedure" during much of the 80's and I'm a bit surprised that some dealers are still using this tactic!!! :3: :3: :3:

Save your hard-earned money, CalgaryPilot, and use it for something useful like an accessory!!! :4: :17:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Final Coat

The dealer wanted me to buy a similar product for $400, but I said no. I did go to the web and found a company called ToughGuard. For the $100 (IMO) I received a good product so far, since I applied the protectant in early April. Water still beads up into small droplets, bird droppings come off easily, no sap on it yet, and I haven't even thought of waxing it since applying the product. So, for me the money and a few hours of my time it was worth it. Now, whether it lasts 5 years remains to be seen.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: Final Coat

firstpilot said:
The dealer wanted me to buy a similar product for $400, but I said no. I did go to the web and found a company called ToughGuard. For the $100 (IMO) I received a good product so far, since I applied the protectant in early April. Water still beads up into small droplets, bird droppings come off easily, no sap on it yet, and I haven't even thought of waxing it since applying the product. So, for me the money and a few hours of my time it was worth it. Now, whether it lasts 5 years remains to be seen.
I won't say what you did is either good or bad, but after 13 months water still beads , bird droppings come off easily and I have done NOTHING to my Prlot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Final Coat

4603pba
Yeah, it was an experiment. It always seems that no matter what wax I have put on a black car, I was always waxing again in a couple of months. So, for the money and time I'm hoping for 2-4 years of not having to do anything as far as waxing goes. I did notice water did bead on it from the show room floor, but they were definitey larger than what is happening now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts