Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't see a way to set a preference of my account such as I'm primarily interested in a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L, for example?

I also saw a post that said to ask new questions "here" instead of starting a new thread. I couldn't see a way to ask a new question, so I created a new thread.

Looking forward to help.

Have a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L bought in December 2002 and it has about 299,200 miles right now. I'm trying to reach 300,000. Almost gave up last week. Have a problem where the car cranks but doesn't start. I think it "might be" the PGM-FI module. I saw a youtube video where it overheats and cracks the solder joints on the board. I hope my fix is that simple. Also have a few other issues. One door won't electronically unlock or lock. One of the back seats cable must have broke through the plastic lift to release the backrest to fold it down. Fairly easy youtube fix for that. I just need to find time to do it. Also was told I could tow a single axle trailer by the DEALER when I asked about ten years ago. Found out they lied to me and it wasn't set up to tow. Ended up with two full transmission rebuilds which the last one is out of warranty and it still isn't right. Won't spend any more money on it. Still feel like I got our money's worth out of it. It's been a great car. Hate the "fake 4-wheel drive" that they pushed. Yeah, it works fine until you hit 23 mph or something close to that and then it disengaes back to 2-wheel drive. Found that out on icy and snow covered roads. Overall, happy with it. Pulled out the old headlights and added some LEDs in there and for my old 63 year old eyes, made a big difference. The LEDs have small fans which you can hear easily sitting at a traffic light for example. Still worth the extra light to see at night, especially with all the high trucks and SUVs that blind you now-a-days as they approach you down the two-lane county roads. Looking foward to sharing and learning. Matt

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,259 Posts
I'm sure if we can rustle up a Mod somewhere, he'll move you to the correct sub-forum.

So, you keeping it or not?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure if we can rustle up a Mod somewhere, he'll move you to the correct sub-forum.

So, you keeping it or not?
Hi there. Thanks for the response. I am keeping it for now. I need to try to find the PGM-FI relay module and open it up and look at the circuit board to see if it has the damage that was shown in a YouTube video that might be causing the car to crank but not start. It seems like it is mostly when the car is hot after running, stopping to go into a store, and then coming back out and it won't start for 3-15 crank attempts before maybe it finally does start. I will keep the car as long as it runs and I can reliably rely on it starting 99% of the time. Matt

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,179 Posts
If you end up finding that relay and resoldering the broken joint, put the iron on the pin AND the pad. You shouldn’t end up with the solder joint looking like a lollipop.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you end up finding that relay and resoldering the broken joint, put the iron on the pin AND the pad. You shouldn’t end up with the solder joint looking like a lollipop.
That is not the same video I saw but exactly the same point and issue with the overheated solder joints that make starting intermittent. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts