Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Pilot EX that has 172,000 miles on it. I am about to have to replace my spark plugs and air filter. I was wondering you guys opinions are on different brands for both the plugs and filter. I figured while I am at it I might as well replace the cabin filter too.Thanks.

Bryan

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
For the engine air filter and cabin filter, most good quality ones at your local store or at RockAuto.com should be good. Other members may want to chime in with preferences.

For the plugs, avoid fakes on eBay and Amazon. Get them locally or from RockAuto. Get NGK Laser Iridiums, that's my recommendation, or maybe Denso. Stay away from Bosch.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Denso or NGK for the plugs. Only buy from a reputable place. Wix or Denso for the air filters. I lean towards Wix for the engine air filter is it not that much more.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
This spark plug is OE original equipment. Take an additional 5% off with a code. Good through May 12th. That's tomorrow.
20CC2CFAD669A0

There are differing opinions on the Air Filter. Some filters protect better than others. But those that filter better need to be changed more often.
Wix is my go to but I'd probably cheap out and buy the Denso.

A cabin air filter isn't super critical but should be replaced if clogged up.
2007 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Cabin Air Filter | RockAuto
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Project farm on youtube did a good review on air filters. Wix scored well. Ngk or denso for plugs. Brands seem to be regional depending on sales reps. Members from different locations will have different recommendations. Watch some tests on youtube or just stick with the name brands

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Project farm on youtube did a good review on air filters. Wix scored well. Ngk or denso for plugs. Brands seem to be regional depending on sales reps. Members from different locations will have different recommendations. Watch some tests on youtube or just stick with the name brands
That video is a must see. 👍

·
Registered
128 Posts
For the plugs:
NGK 3657
Do not buy them on Amazon or EBay, lots of fakes out there.

I suggest auto parts store or RockAuto. A caution with buying from RockAuto, my last order of (6), there was one with a cracked insulator and two with anti-sieze already on the plug threads (obviously returned). I had to return and wait for replacements. When I sent them back, I put a big ugly wrap of masking tape over each plug box and wrote "damaged - do not resell".

Check them when you get them so that you don't find out you need other plugs when you start the job...

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
For the plugs:
NGK 3657
Do not buy them on Amazon or EBay, lots of fakes out there.

I suggest auto parts store or RockAuto. A caution with buying from RockAuto, my last order of (6), there was one with a cracked insulator and two with anti-sieze already on the plug threads (obviously returned). I had to return and wait for replacements. When I sent them back, I put a big ugly wrap of masking tape over each plug box and wrote "damaged - do not resell".

Check them when you get them so that you don't find out you need other plugs when you start the job...
I assume they did right by you and replaced them, but it's a bummer this happened in the first place and then you had to wait again. Thanks for keeping them honest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts