Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We just upgraded from a 2015 CRV to a 19 Pilot Touring. Loving the extra space so far, but I have a couple of questions about the audio/RES situation.
  1. Is there anyway to use Android Auto/Carplay AND a usb drive at the same time? I have movies on the USB drive for the kids in the back with RES, but I would like to use android auto / Waze for the navigation upfront. I tried a USB hub and got an error message. Why wouldn't they wire a USB port in the back for RES playback? Only other solution I found was to burn a DVD/BD-R and use that for movies and then have the phone plugged in via USB, or a clunky roku option. I couldn't figure out how to use the media server section.
  2. Using the USB thumbdrive for movies, if I try to fast forward, the system freezes and restarts. Can't get past 30 seconds or so without a freeze.
  3. Can you have music/podcast playing through the front two speakers, and a movie paying through the rear speakers simultaneously? Couldn't figure this out even with the audio zones, without the use of the headphones. We have 3 kids and only 2 headphones so fighting ensues. Also, the youngest's head is too small for the headphones and I'm worried he'll have it too loud and not be able to turn it down.
  4. During phone calls, I get an occasional loud popping sound. Has anyone got this? It is intermittent and hard to get it to work to show the dealer.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can answer #3 for you. We have the RES on our old Odyssey and now have it on our 19 Pilot. You cannot have two sources coming out of the speakers at the same time. The only way to split it is to have the kiddos listening to the movie on their headphones and you listen to your music through the front speakers. When our kids were toddler age, we just ALL listened to the movies, and as a result I have "heard" many disney/pixar movies but never seen them, ha.

I am bummed that there seems to be no way for rear passengers to listen to FM radio or XM radio through the rear headphones, as my kids used to do this all the time in our 2011 Odyssey. I guess newer is not always better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts