Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fender Flares :10: Have anyone install Fender Flares on the Pilot? It the Fender Flares is for LX only or for Either/Or. I seen on www.hondacuraworld.com. But haven't heard anyone discuss about it here.

Post some pictures if you have one install on your Pilot.

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought our pilot yesterday--but almost didn't get it because of the fender flares!

We'd looked at a red pilot the weekend before and came back to buy it. But in the meantime they'd put on the chrome fender flares and mirror covers.

We really didn't like the way they looked (just our taste, of course). We especially didn't like the mirror covers--the dealer said he could take those off, but not the fender flares as they were bolted on (so they must have drilled holes to put them on).

The mirror covers were kind of odd looking as they only covered the top half of the mirrors. I might have thought differently of them if they covered the whole mirror.

Both my wife and I felt that the flares looked like they didn't really fit with the lines of the vehicle. They just kind of looked out of place and ... I hate to say it ... but cheap and tacky (and I'm generally not one to turn my nose up at chrome accents). The rear flares were OK, but the front flares just looked out of place.

While we were sitting there very disappointed and about to drive off still driving my 10-year-old Saturn, the sales guy called around and found a Pilot in Sage Brush (our original first-choice color) at a nearby dealership which we ended up buying (no fender flares or mirror covers).

Now, all that said, it's possible they would look better on a different color Pilot (like silver or black or maybe even Sage Brush).

·
Registered
664 Posts
NOPE

Sanda
They are not fender flares, they are the chrome garnish packages. The fender flares are around the wheel well area. I just put a set on and like it. It is the same color as my vehicle. They are subtle and you have to look twice to really notice them, they are definitely NOT Eddie Bauer edition.

·
Registered
112 Posts
CAN YOU PLEASE POST PICS OF YOUR INSTALLED FENDER FLARES!!??!!??

I HAVE YET TO SEE SOMEONE WITH INSTALLED FENDER FLARES ON AN EX!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks banningjr

I begin to like the pictures of yours posting, now time to have a talk with the my boss (wife of course). Will show her the pictures, too. Also where did you get vtm emblem? that's kind nice on the side.

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: NOPE

banningjr said:
Sanda
They are not fender flares, they are the chrome garnish packages. The fender flares are around the wheel well area. I just put a set on and like it. It is the same color as my vehicle. They are subtle and you have to look twice to really notice them, they are definitely NOT Eddie Bauer edition.
I stand corrected--I was indeed referring to the chrome garnish package (which are entirely different from the fender flares).

Looked at the pictures on the other thread--they look sharp!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Also where did you get vtm emblem? that's kind nice on the side.
Thanks. It is actually a VTEC emblem from a CR-V in, I believe it was, New Zealand. I got them from Paul at College Hills Honda.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
College Hills Honda lists the 2004 Fender Flare Kit as having ten pieces. It's also $450!!!!!:eek:

Anyone know what they look like, or if they also fit 2003? Not that I would drop that much cash on fender flares................:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts