Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving down to the beach on Sat. Just a day trip. And this kid rear ends the Pilot. Only at about 5 mph or less (we were in traffic). I was suprisingly calm, given that I haven't owned the pilot for even a week.

Maybe I wasn't too upset because the car handled it well. I couldn't even tell where I was hit by the Accord. Doesn't appear to be anything busted and car still drives great, but I'm going to get it checked out next week anyway. . .just to be sure.

Anyone else been involved in a low speed collision? Thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You're lucky you weren't driving a CRV....according to the Insurance Institute there's major damage at 5 mph. ( as seen on Dateline).

·
Registered
171 Posts
We had a crash with a CR-V and the damage mostly occurs in the exhaust system and bumper damage.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've got a Cr-V too, and saw that crash test rating. . .the new model is supposed to be better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Backed into

My wife was at the grocery store on sunday and was backing out of her spot, when the lady parked behind her decided to back out of her spot also. The other lady didn't look and ....smack. Now I have three huge scratches in my back bumper, not to mention the white paint from her car rubbed off on our black Pilot. Cops couldn't do anything cause it was on private property.:confused: And it's going to be hard to prove fault cause they were both backing up.(eventhough, right after it happened the lady said she was sorry, and that she wasn't looking). So I'll try to get her insurance to pay for it but I don't think I will have any luck. :3:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
You were hit by an Accord, not a pole

The CR-V rear collision test is 5MPH into a pole that extends well above the bumper. That is why the damage was so much.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I almost backed into a tree while off-roading last weekend.

Just like the mirror says, "Objects are much closer than they appear"!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wish I had a Pilot to even fender bender. C'mon mid-september...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts