Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,042 Posts
When I did the struts on my 05 around 140k, the new ones weren't much better than the worn Honda. So to answer your question, I don't think there are any struts as good as Honda's.

The brand only gets three stars on Amazon.....I think you can do better.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
I think FCS is made in China. Get the KYBs, if available, from rockauto.com, at least those would be better quality I feel.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I am look at the FCS quick load struts on Rock Auto (More Information for FCS 1333443L). Has anyone used them or are they as good as OEM?
Good move on selecting the loaded struts. IMO stick with Monroe or KYB for not a bunch more $$. Select FCS if the cost difference is significant and/or future plans are to trade-in. The installation steps are the same for any brand and no one would want to change them repeatedly. KYBs have good reviews and are typically recommended.

·
Read Only
187 Posts
Good move on selecting the loaded struts. IMO stick with Monroe or KYB for not a bunch more $$. Select FCS if the cost difference is significant and/or future plans are to trade-in. The installation steps are the same for any brand and no one would want to change them repeatedly. KYBs have good reviews and are typically recommended.
+1

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
I went with the original Honda ones (loaded).
My theory is that if original ones hold up for 150K miles or more, then the extra $$ is worth it.
Otherwise I'd be installing Bilsteins. "Anything less would be uncivilized" (c)
But then my intent is to drive my Pilot into the ground, so I'll still have it by the time I need to replace the struts again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts