Votes: 5 4.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
LiuBei said:
What is your favorite oil? Do you use petro oil or synthetic?
In light of the recent discussions on oil, I was looking back at old threads and ran across this poll from "way back when". :D

Seemed like a good time for a "bump"!!!!!

:7:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ivanhoe said:
Hey everyone in Pilot land. I am a Castrol GTX fan, but after my break in period I plan on using Mobile 1. I read an article sometime back that tested oils in New York taxis over a period of time. There analysis was that as long as the oil is certified that there is very little difference in the major brand conventional oils. This article was in either Motor trend, Automobile, or Car and Driver. I remember the article, but I have gotten all of these publications in the last three years.

I try to stick to one brand of oil now on my high mileage Toyota Avalon. I feel that the seals get used to the detergents in the oil and changing the brand could cause different expansion rates. I realize this is silly, but I have heard of it happening.

I think in some ways your oils says something about you:cheap,big spender, paranoid, or oblivious. The bottom line in my opinion is change your oil regularly. Follow some sort of schedule and stick to it.

Keep on Piloting
All good advice!!!!

As for the GTX, I too have been a regular user for MANY years - in both my two-wheelers and four. I only recently went away form it due to the "Energy Conserving" attributes that non-motorcycle specific oils now have. These can potentially cause problems for wet clutch applications.

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.