Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite exterior enhancements for the Pilot to improve the look or functionality?

I'd like to spruce mine up a bit, the rear splashguards aren't that exciting!

Dave

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tough question.

It's just like a person,new shoes are not enough to make him look good,it requires new pants,shirts,even with his tongue pierced and earing,too.Haha.Depends on how much of moolah you wanna spend and also depends on how different you want it tobe like.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
My husband and I sprung for the fog lights plus the black trim that encircles them and covers the lower bumper area. They probably made an impression because the first Pilot we ever laid eyes on--a Starlight Silver EX demo at the dealers--was equipped this way. While we valued the functionality of the fog lights, we also found that the lights/trim gave the overall "look" a bit more character.

In addition, we had running boards installed, which we thought contributed to the Pilot's SUV "ambience." But we also felt they'd help me access the seats (I have a bum hip) and would probably help protect from some road spatters and debris.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I like the Playboy mudflaps, the Piss On Toyota sticker and the Confederate flag in the rear window...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Tinted the driver's window and front passenger window and added rear splash guards.

Thinking about the front nose mask and fog lights...

What color do you have? Some add-ons look better on certain colors.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The lower trim is definitely one of the best things you can do.

Oh, and a Police lightbar on the roof rack. It really clears traffic!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Chrome mirror covers, and front bumper grill with fogs.

rob

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, to each their own, but I gotta say, I am amazed you folks bought a Pilot. Way too plain from the factory. Buying all of that added front plastic, grill guards, bubba tires, and so forth maybe you could have saved a lot of money by just purchasing a Chevy Avalanche.

:D

EJ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I had an Avalanche. Last summer, it was really hot one day. I went outside and my Avalanche was a puddle of melted plastic...

Body cladding, body cladding, etc...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think I'd be more concerned with build quality.

Not to get too much off topic here, but I don't think many companies can come close to the build quality of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Benz, etc.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Eddie Joe said:
Well, to each their own, but I gotta say, I am amazed you folks bought a Pilot. Way too plain from the factory. Buying all of that added front plastic, grill guards, bubba tires, and so forth maybe you could have saved a lot of money by just purchasing a Chevy Avalanche.

:D

EJ

I bought one, it lasted 3 years.

never again, thats why they advertise "Like a Rock", because thats all they are little rocks

·
Registered
288 Posts
gopilot said:

I bought one, it lasted 3 years.

never again, thats why they advertise "Like a Rock", because thats all they are little rocks
There you go GoPilot.Nothing personal or anything against American products but my choices are always Honda and Toyota.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts