Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions.....

1) Which accessory in your opinion makes your Pilot look nicer?

2) Which accessory do you think is most functional? i.e.-protects, helps function in some way

:roadtrip:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My vote

I am biased, but I think that the lower trim offers a very strong visual differentiation to the vehicle and the shear mass of matte plastic definitely confers a measure of paint protection to the lower front portion of the vehicle. I would go further to say that the fog lamps are almost a must have with the lower trim to "finish" the look, though of course you may argue that the lenses impart a higher risk of damage at the lower level of the Pilot. On the interior, again biased, I would say that the all weather mats and cargo liner offer a hope of saving your carpets...although who overlooked teh dead pedal with the driver's mat design????:mad:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
1. Chrome exhaust tips, chrome mirror covers, bug deflector, Michelin OWL tires.

2. Cargo organizer, then cargo tray. I use that organizer every single day, it seems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
form & function

Form:
My luggage rack makes my Pilot look taller & some say "tougher"... The tough look is helped by the running bars...

Function:
Most functional is probably the day/night mirror with the compass, followed by the mud-flaps.

Pie in the Sky:
Someday maybe I'll be able to buy true functionality with the tow package and/or the nav system...

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Form: Running Boards. The really finish off the look of the Pilot.

Function: Cargo Tray. I keep my golf shoes back there and the tray is really easy to clean. Also, with many trips to home improvement stores, the tray helps protect the back...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
IMO:
Form: Any thing electronic

Function : Cargo organizer

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Jet-Pilot-64 said:
Form: Running Boards. The really finish off the look of the Pilot.

Function: Cargo Tray...with many trips to home improvement stores, the tray helps protect the back...
I'll have to second this post, except make it STEPS...a little more "burley", little less "minivan-ish" Also add the all weather mats for function. I have none of these accessories, but wish I did.

Steps come in chrome too...i'd put them on if I owned a different color (and had money!)

·
Registered
620 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

I'll have to second this post, except make it STEPS...a little more "burley", little less "minivan-ish" Also add the all weather mats for function. I have none of these accessories, but wish I did.

Steps come in chrome too...i'd put them on if I owned a different color (and had money!)
Don't see the minivan look...but to each his or her own...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
We seem to have drifted from the original "Favorite and functional" to "Form and Function".

Favorite (ie "nicer") would probably be side steps, although I still question how functional they are.

Functional would be the rear mud guards, although (IMHO) they do little to keep the Pilot any cleaner. They do offer some paint protection for the Pilot and considerable protection for the guy behind you!

YMMV

·
Registered
248 Posts
What makes it look nicer:
My wife driving it rather than me (although she is not an "accessory")

Most functional:
All weather mats!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Jet-Pilot-64 said:
Don't see the minivan look...but to each his or her own...
I've just figured it out...It must go back to my childhood, my friend's mom had a winnebago van, and those things always had the boards running the length of the beast.

The pilot could never look like this, she's too dang pretty with either steps or boards. I actually really like the westin steps that look like an in-between version of both.

Anyhoo, I feel these work for form and function. Little people at my house still need to be lifted up into the "big silver Honda" and these would be a great add on. Actually should come standard :3:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Here's my list of functional essentials:

1. Side boards or steps - got 'em
2. Rear guards - got 'em
3. Fender flares - gonna get 'em after twice having dings removed over the rear, right fender. Just not excited about that $400 price tag.

Plus they all help the looks IMHO.

·
Registered
747 Posts
List for LX

Some item here are standard on EX. And I guess you guys already forgot to appreciate them.

Look department:
Tinted windows, alloy wheels, roof rack and sidesteps.

Function:
Keyless entry, tinted windows, cargo tray, side steps and portable GPS.

Here is why: I use remote everytime I drive. Tinted windows is a really big help at summer. My mom really needs those steps.
My iQue3600 works great as GPS as well as a PALM handheld

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Art said:
1) Which accessory in your opinion makes your Pilot look nicer?
The fuzzy dice hanging from my rearview mirror... :p

Art said:
2) Which accessory do you think is most functional? i.e.-protects, helps function in some way
The fuzzy dice hanging from my rearview mirror that also acts as an air freshener... :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
iQue 3600

timchen said:

[snipped]

My iQue3600 works great as GPS as well as a PALM handheld
Be sure to read Mossberg's column in today's Wall Street Journal (page B1, column 1). He reports on the iQue 3600.

Sorry, I'd post a link but Dow Jones & Company is pretty stingy with its online content.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Favorite: Side steps (to make nicer looking)

Functional: Thule Expressway trailer hitch bike carrier. I find I use it all the time, and it is great (while being easy to access and keeping the car in good shape by not having to lug bikes up to the roof rack).

--Bret

·
Registered
234 Posts
Re: iQue 3600

sfhondapilot said:

Be sure to read Mossberg's column in today's Wall Street Journal (page B1, column 1). He reports on the iQue 3600.

Sorry, I'd post a link but Dow Jones & Company is pretty stingy with its online content.
Here's the WSJ review as posted on PDAStreet.com

Mossberg's review is generally very favourable (like the other reviews). "It's an excellent product that competes favorably with the navigation systems in my two cars when you use it to guide you on the road.... all in all, the Garmin iQue 3600 is a fine product that advances the state of the art in PDAs."

As for accessories, looks like most of mine are functional, unless you consider Zaino an accessory :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts