Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosing what I thought was an AC problem. My 2003 Pilot's AC was alternating cold and not cold, so I thought I had an issue with that system, but then I realized my radiator coolant was steaming out of the reservoir after the engine got really hot. I waited for the car to cool down and opened the radiator to check things out and found that my radiator cap had come apart and was allowing coolant to leave, but not return. After replacing the cap and the lost coolant, the AC can now operate normally. I had the AC ports gauged and the freon is fine.

It looks like I may also have an issue with the driver's side radiator fan -- occasionally I have to tap it to get it to run. I was looking on YouTube to learn a little more and heard that one of the two fans is for "condenser" (AC) and one is for "radiator". Can anyone verify that and tell me which is which? Can the fan motor be replaced by itself, or do I have to buy the entire assembly?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
Radiator fan is on the right, condenser fan is on the left as you’re looking into the engine compartment. You can replace just the motor.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts