Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks... looks like 2004 is the last year. Better hit the Pontiac dealership soon, or you will miss out. Now that I think about it, don't worry about it... they'll be sitting there as long as the asphalt beneath them holds up.

Pontiac has made smart decision not to curse any other vehicle with this name. Well, at least it did last a year longer than the Edzel.

Kudos to the Pontiac folks for going to rehab and dumping this thing.

:2:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discontinuing the ASS-tek?

Really! Do you suppose it's because it has the ugliest rear end ever in the history of automotive styling?
:16:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
What's in a name?

It's Pontiac's own fault for naming it after an extinct race. Self-fulfilling prophecy!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Discontinuing the ASS-tek?

krygny said:
Really! Do you suppose it's because it has the ugliest rear end ever in the history of automotive styling?
:16:
What about the front??? I whipped this up a while back for the "borg vs. the world" thread. Thought it may be an appropriate repost... don't they look like bookends?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Re: Discontinuing the ASS-tek?

rtresco said:

What about the front??? I whipped this up a while back for the "borg vs. the world" thread. Thought it may be an appropriate repost... don't they look like bookends?
Like Arnold said: "That's one ugly mother%#&*er."

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wonder what the other autos aztek owners were considering?? - old yugos??

You fill in the blank - "An Aztek is better than _________." It's hard to do for a new car. Dang those things are ugly. Sure if your talking all means of transport it is easy - How about - "An Aztek is better than...worn out rollerblades." Yea, I'd agree with that. Hey, you've got to think positive - especially if you own a Aztek.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

rtresco said:

Uncanny resemblance. Good riddance.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mkell said:

You fill in the blank - "An Aztek is better than _________." It's hard to do for a new car. Dang those things are ugly. Sure if your talking all means of transport it is easy - How about - "An Aztek is better than...worn out rollerblades." Yea, I'd agree with that. Hey, you've got to think positive - especially if you own a Aztek.
LOL... how bout "walking backwards and blindfolded in the desert with bare feet"? There's either positive thinking going on or the consumption of the same drugs that the Pontiac designers were taking.

I've had so much fun bashing this thing, that I am really going to miss it once it is gone. I really need another vehicle to target my frustrations, but there is no other deserving vehicle that fits the "fugly" category quite as well as the Aztek.

Now that it is being discontinued, I've lost my "Aztek bashing" mojo. Kicking this thing is like kicking a dead dog, or a dead predator.

Somebody please help me out.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
RTRESCO! Your office window view should improve soon. Unless they have an Aztek blowout sale with balloons and everything. Then they'll be back up on the display ramps. LOL! You poor thing.
Just be prepared. I'm sure they'll have lots to unload.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts

rtresco said:

LOL! Seperated at birth! Great catch.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: What's in a name?

Gordo said:
It's Pontiac's own fault for naming it after an extinct race. Self-fulfilling prophecy!
Being from San Diego and recently going through a mascot redesign fiasco at SDSU I seem to recall that the Aztec tribe is not extinct. You may have heard the story, several SDSU Latino and American Indian students (non-Aztec, I might add) found exception to the look of the current mascot and raised enough support to force the school to "redesign" the look of the mascot even though 90% of the student population supported the old look.
Sorry for the thread drift:) .

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
74PILOTMOM said:
RTRESCO! Your office window view should improve soon. Unless they have an Aztek blowout sale with balloons and everything. Then they'll be back up on the display ramps. LOL! You poor thing.
Just be prepared. I'm sure they'll have lots to unload.
Yeh, PilotMom, those things still seem to be breeding over there. I hope they'll tie enough balloons on each of them so the folks won't be able to see what they are buying.

Some cars are just destined to be part of a rental fleet, but I think Hertz, Avis, and company won't even touch these things.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mkell said:

You fill in the blank - "An Aztek is better than _________." ...
an (expired) buspass?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts