Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I’m new to the forum here. Finally have a Honda Pilot. Looking fwd to learning and eventually contributing.

I purchased a used 2011 EX from a private seller. During my test drive, I noticed that the fan down button on the climate control panel was unresponsive (everything else was working fine but when I would push that button down the air would continue blowing at full power as reflected in the screen). I figured either I was doing it wrong or it was broken and I could figure out the fix. I realize now it is for sure not working.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey everyone!

I’m new to the forum here. Finally have a Honda Pilot. Looking fwd to learning and eventually contributing.

I purchased a used 2011 EX from a private seller. During my test drive, I noticed that the fan down button on the climate control panel was unresponsive (everything else was working fine but when I would push that button down the air would continue blowing at full power as reflected in the screen). I figured either I was doing it wrong or it was broken and I could figure out the fix. I realize now it is for sure not working.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?
My guess is ... bad blower resistor.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Funny, I just experienced the exact same thing for the first time. If I start out on high and go lower, the fan speed stays the same. If I start out on low, everything works as normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, I just experienced the exact same thing for the first time. If I start out on high and go lower, the fan speed stays the same. If I start out on low, everything works as normal.
yup. That is exactly what happens... I would imagine it’s something to do with the electronics...

·
Registered
129 Posts
yup. That is exactly what happens... I would imagine it’s something to do with the electronics...
I bought a fan speed resistor (aftermarket) for $15 and will just blindly replace it and hope for the best rather than getting out the voltmeter and sleuthing. We'll see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a fan speed resistor (aftermarket) for $15 and will just blindly replace it and hope for the best rather than getting out the voltmeter and sleuthing. We'll see.
Nice! Let me know how it goes. Hope that is the fix.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,180 Posts
My guess is ... bad blower resistor.
Nice! Let me know how it goes. Hope that is the fix.
I don't have this problem in my Pilot- yet,

But I think aloogatr is on to something/correct.

I've had similar problems with other vehicles and is was that for the fix.

Good luck, let us know!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wait, cross referencing with 2010 Pilot SM, the climate control uses power transistors to control both front and back blower speed. There is no blower resistor in your car. So now your best hope would be sticky buttons. You may use electronic circuit cleaner. If not, you have to replace the whole unit to restore the function.

Here is for the front. For the rear look in the extraction from 2010 SM.
Text White Line Black Parallel

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts