Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm wondering what a fair price to get me timing belt and water pump replaced in California are? I know the prices will very alot depending on your area and where you get the work done. I'm just wondering what ballpark price would be.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also seriously consider having tensioner and idle pulleys, thermostat replaced at the same time. I believe also with this work, there should be additionalconsiderations for oil pump gasket/o-ring and possibly seals for crankshaft and cams.

For pricing I'd expect $1500-2000 for a full timing belt and tensioner. If you go to an independent, make sure they use honda oem or the asin TB kit and procedured from a reliable source like dealer or rockauto
Thanks for the number and the other recommended work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Costs are up a bit nowadays due to the covid stuff. When you get a quote, make sure they are replacing everything - basically everything that the timing belt touches (except the crank and cam pulleys) should be replaced, along with the hydraulic tensioner (just look at what's in the Aisin TKH002 kit) - definitely have them replace the serpentine belt (should just be the cost of a new belt, since it has to come off to replace the timing belt) - I would say somewhere around 1400 +/- a couple hundred is reasonable if it's a shop you trust.

I just changed the TB on our 05 which we recently bought - the previous owner had it changed a couple times in the past and had always just asked for belt/tensioner/water pump and that's all that was replaced - they omitted the forward idler pulley and it was a rusty mess when I pulled it (it gets showered with coolant if it's still there when the water pump is removed).
Yep I just ordered the AISIN TKH002. I found a highly recommend independent that's going to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts