Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 blue Honda Pilot. Looks like I'm the only one that has initiated a Ticket with HONDA for fading paint. My car is becoming white. I was told if 2 more call in with the same issue in the same year they will make it a recall. Unfortunately all the ones who have had peeling or fading paint was before 2013 so the recall stopped there. I was wondering if there are any 2013 out there with the same problem and I can give the ticket# that Honda gave me to share for others who may have the same problem.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
842 Posts
More information needed to know the real extent of the issue but is sounds like an oxidation issue. My 2013 Honda Pilot had virtually perfect paint when I traded it in. But then, unless we were out of town or out somewhere, my Pilot slept in its nice warm garage bay every night and only went outside when needed. Sun and humidity are hard on paint and over time oxidation will set in. This might help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More information needed to know the real extent of the issue but is sounds like an oxidation issue. My 2013 Honda Pilot had virtually perfect paint when I traded it in. But then, unless we were out of town or out somewhere, my Pilot slept in its nice warm garage bay every night and only went outside when needed. Sun and humidity are hard on paint and over time oxidation will set in. This might help.

Hi, it is not oxidation, it's a paint defect. I had the paint check by a professional and noticed it is a recall issue. Honda Pilots up to 2012 have the same issues but because mine is 2013 they won't give me the recall unless others of the same year have the same issue. I live in a dry location and the car is 80% of the time covered. Thanks for the link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts