Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
We have a 2017 EX-L and the factory Bridgestone's are almost finished at 23500 miles (kinda sad).
I've been getting them rotated every 7000 miles but was hoping to get more miles out of the tires. Did we get less life out of the tires or is it about the same as everyone?
I'm looking for new all season tires and would really appreciate recommendations :)
Don't want to go for the cheapest available and don't really have the budget for $250 per piece tires.

245/60 R18

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve installed cooper evolution about 4 months ago, great tires, quite and soft (compared to beidgestones), good wet traction. Paid around 650$ for tires/install/warranty. Put around 4K, so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all,
We have a 2017 EX-L and the factory Bridgestone's are almost finished at 23500 miles (kinda sad).
I've been getting them rotated every 7000 miles but was hoping to get more miles out of the tires. Did we get less life out of the tires or is it about the same as everyone?
I'm looking for new all season tires and would really appreciate recommendations :)
Don't want to go for the cheapest available and don't really have the budget for $250 per piece tires.

245/60 R18
BTW, factory tires lasted 33K, could’ve gone longer but they were super noisy and bumpy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Our factory tires were Goodyear Fortera and they sucked. Terrible tread life and noisy.

We always install Michelin LTX Defender (or the Costco warehouse club specific equivalent). But I was very disappointed in our tire life for the first set (also about 24k miles which is NOT typical, although it appears the alignment was a bit off.) About $730 out the door at Costco (Discount Tire will match). If I wanted to try and save a little money, I'd do Yokohama's.

If you plan on keeping the car a long time, I'd recommend getting an alignment with new tires. You can find coupons for around $70 or pay Firestone/Pep Boys for4 their "lifetime alignment" (and they will price match each other... currently $149)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ve installed cooper evolution about 4 months ago, great tires, quite and soft (compared to beidgestones), good wet traction. Paid around 650$ for tires/install/warranty. Put around 4K, so far so good

Where did you go to get that price?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I picked up a set of Michelin Primacy last year. Costo was running a special, but I think it was around $800 for the set. Been very happy with performance, noise, and ride.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi all,

245/60 R18
No need to buy expensive tires. I just put a set of these Sumitomo tires on my 2017 Pilot EX-L and they are awsome! Bought at Amazon for $100 a tire and paid my local shop $100 to mount and balance. Came out like a bandit. We have 40k+ miles on a set of these on my Honda Crosstour and they are still performing great. I don't consider them a "cheap" tire just because the are bargain priced at Amazon.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 star rating

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've got nothing negative to say other than I know the HTR AS PO2 is performing great on our Pilot and at $100 a tire I'd buy again if available when I need tires next time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've been using Michelin LTX (or one of the rebranded in-house Costco brands... I think they were called LT2 for awhile) for my last three sets of SUV tires and they have been outstanding with respect to traction, noise, and mileage. The last set I ran to about 90K and by watching for a sale, buying in a state without sales tax while on a trip, and getting a rebate I was out the door for $502 mounted for a set of four! Unbeatable.

Regardless of which tire you buy, I also endorse using Discount Tire if you can. I just had them fix a flat on my Dad's CRV and in less than the time it took for me to drink a cup of coffee, they did the repair (drywall screw), rebalanced the tire, remounted the tire and spare, and checked all the tire pressures for free.

- Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For now, I've gone with the Cooper Evolution H/T. Defender LTX are sold out at Costco and too expensive at Discount Tire.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I picked up a set of Michelin Primacy last year. Costo was running a special, but I think it was around $800 for the set. Been very happy with performance, noise, and ride.
I second that. The Michelin Primacy A/S Touring are silent (a noticeable difference from the factory tires) and have an excellent grip. They are supposed to work really well in wet or snowy conditions too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have almost 49000 miles on my factory tires on my 2017 Pilot EX. I think they are Bridgestone Duelers. Most of that mileage is highway and 11200 of it is when towing a 1500lb trailer boat. The Pilot is however, quite noisy with them. I will definitely go with something quieter when I replace them. I blame a lot of the noise on the vehicle though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I should have mentioned also that there is still probably 15000 miles of tread left on my tires. (Bridgestones)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Buying tires for my Pilot is going to make me miss living in Fort Lauderdale. I had been going to the same tire guy, Larry @ Family Tire for 20 years and always got treated really well.

Now that I'm in central Florida I'll just go to Costco, close my eyes and spend $1k then eat a sausage with peppers and maybe a slice of pizza to make myself feel better. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I used to love the Firestone Destination LE2 on my jeep grand Cherokee but there's no real difference between $215 and $230 a tire.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Buying tires for my Pilot is going to make me miss living in Fort Lauderdale. I had been going to the same tire guy, Larry @ Family Tire for 20 years and always got treated really well.

Now that I'm in central Florida I'll just go to Costco, close my eyes and spend $1k then eat a sausage with peppers and maybe a slice of pizza to make myself feel better. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I used to love the Firestone Destination LE2 on my jeep grand Cherokee but there's no real difference between $215 and $230 a tire.
No need to spend that much for tires. What size rims do you have?

·
Registered
28 Posts
No need to spend that much for tires. What size rims do you have?
245 / 50 R 20

These are the cheapest at Costco and unless I catch them on sale, the regular price is $865 + tax.

And then the Michelin LTX.
Regular price $1k.
But even on sale plus tax.....🤦🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20200222-100229_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
544 Posts
245 / 50 R 20

These are the cheapest at Costco and unless I catch them on sale, the regular price is $865 + tax.

View attachment 134457

And then the Michelin LTX.
Regular price $1k.
But even on sale plus tax.....🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 134458
You can save about $300 and get a better tire. Amazon sells Sumitomo HTR A/S PO2 in your size for $130 a tire. https://www.amazon.com/Sumitomo-Tire-HTR-Performance-Radial/dp/B00ZA2OMWU Ship to your local independant tire shop or home. Most charge $100 to mount and balance. You would end up around $650 for 4 tires. Here is the specs on the Sumitomo versus BF Goodrich. 102V is a higher speed rating with a stiffer sidewall and ability to add a little more tire preasure when your fully loaded.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts