Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone in the NY area has any experience using an ez pass with their Pilot? I would like to get an ez pass and have been told conflicting information regarding which pass to use (interior or exterior). My dealer said an interior pass would work because the windshield on the Pilot does not contain metal or have a reflective coating. The rep at ez pass said I needed to use an exterior pass because the Pilots windshield does have a reflective coating. When I called a second time another rep from ez pass said use an interior pass. Who do I believe? Does anyone know if metal or reflective coatings are used on the windshield? If you use an ez pass with your Pilot which one do you use? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I haven't seen an E-Z-Pass so I don't know how it works, but I have a similar device (Florida SunPass) on the inside windshield of my Pilot and it works just fine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
inside

I have used it extensively, and it works fine on the inside of mine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
sore subject...my buddy lent me his EZPass 2 months back for trip to Philly (via Mass, CT, NY,NJ,PA). It saved lots of time/hassle at tolls. I basically just attached it to back of rearview with rubber band. Seemed to work fine...except at the Tappanzee (sp?) bridge $3 toll on the way home. Just got a nice ticket in the mail compliments of one of those camera things. Added a nice $25 admin fee to the $3. No recourse (you're not supposed to lend those things to others). I would assume that, had it been properly affixed to the windshield, it would have worked fine in all those states.

By the way, notice that you "double posted" this thread. You may want to go back and delete the other one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have an internal one. Works great

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Sounds like an inside ez pass is the answer. I wasn't keen about using an outside pass bolted to the license plate anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got an EZ-Pass inside on my windshield, too. I wasn't too enthused about sticking the velcro to the windsheild (gluey mess and all). So, I bought one of those EZ-Clips that stick to the windshield with suction cups. Works great, plus you can slide the EZ-Pass in and out of the clip without taking it off the windshield if you like. IMO, much better than using the velcro strips.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been using the inside ez pass with my Pilot since June. No problems.

I always hear that ez pass is a problem in New Jersey. Wasn't it even an issue in the recent election? What exactly is the problem? IMHO, the ez pass is excellent, not only does it relieve the need to reach into your pocket to get money, the time saved waiting at tolls is significant and you also get a discount.

Evergreen

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've had my Pilot for 3 months now, traveled up and down the NJ Turnpike, GS Parkway, cross to Manhattan and no problems with my "inside" ez pass...

Definitely worth it and saves me time and money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
EZ Pass is the best

I have traveled from Philadelphia to Westfield, MA a number of times and my internally mounted EZ pass has performed flawlessly. It really does save time and eleminates alot of hassle, and it works in all states I travel through. Their website is a great way to manage your account and is very easy to use. I do hate slowing to 5mph to go through the gates in PA, but when you leave the state going east on the turnpike you are greeted in NJ with a 45mph EZ pass lane to zip through, it's very satisfying. Also, driving up to a packed toll booth and slipping through an empty EZ pass lane also tends to leave a smile on my face. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WannaPilot:

Where did you purchase the EZ-clip for your ez pass? Sounds like a much better solution than the velcro. Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
rpalermo said:
WannaPilot:

Where did you purchase the EZ-clip for your ez pass? Sounds like a much better solution than the velcro. Thanks.
I got mine at Pep Boys - it was like $3.99. They were up by the register. :4:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts