Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some visitors yesterday and to show off my Pilot, i took the full 8 of us to dinner. I was under the impression that the second row seats can be moved and lockin like the passenger seat. Well, the seats moved but cannot be lockin till fully pushed back. Did i do something wrong?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that is just terrible. I have a second row car seat with too much legroom.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone tried to move up the 'lock' point. My baby is 7mos old and gladly offer all her legroom. We have many visitors since the baby and move her to third row is not an option to my wife.

·
Registered
123 Posts
emc02 said:
Wow, that is just terrible. I have a second row car seat with too much legroom.
Woudn't it be wonderful if HOnda install the tracks so that we can adjust the legroom?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Worse yet;

The CR-V has that exact feature. (Adjustable rear seat)
Maybe we need to mix the CR-V designers and the Pilot designers together to get everything in one vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Odyssey has that feature and I just assumed the Pilot did as well. I am seriously considering the Pilot, but this is a major disappointment. This just may sway me to buy another Odyssey!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I sat back in the third row to check it out and my knees touched the back of the second row seats (I'm 5'11"). It wasn't overly uncomfortable. It would work for a lunch trip or so, but I sure wouldn't want to be there for a long road trip. It's not a problem for us. We might use the third row a couple times a year, and even then, it would mostly be kids whose feet would probably hit the back of the second row seats instead of their knees. "For the last time, quit kicking the seats!" :D

Chris

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I also wish;

I also wish the Pilot had a "pass through" between the front seats like the Odyssey and CR-V.

·
Registered
311 Posts
An Odyessy instead of a Pilot? No way. Maybe you can put the car seat in the "wayback" with Mom looking over the 2nd row seat at baby? The wayback is not for more than one adult with legs turned to the side, but for us, with two kids 4 and 7, it is great. We have used our Pilot to go out with two families of four on a number of outings. A number of Ody families in the neighborhood with a kid or three have come over to look at our Pilot. I wonder why??

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mkell said:
An Odyessy instead of a Pilot? No way. Maybe you can put the car seat in the "wayback" with Mom looking over the 2nd row seat at baby? The wayback is not for more than one adult with legs turned to the side, but for us, with two kids 4 and 7, it is great. We have used our Pilot to go out with two families of four on a number of outings. A number of Ody families in the neighborhood with a kid or three have come over to look at our Pilot. I wonder why??
Keep in mind that only the middle row, outside seating positions accommodate LATCH car seats if you have them. Also, some have questioned if the third row is as safe as the middle row given the proximity of the rear seat to the back gate. I personally don't think its a big concern, but I bring it up so that you can decide for yourself.

Chris

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
All we wanted

All we wanted was an 8 passenger, 4WD, Odyssey.
Is that too much to ask for?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Re: Worse yet;

N_Jay said:
The CR-V has that exact feature. (Adjustable rear seat)
Maybe we need to mix the CR-V designers and the Pilot designers together to get everything in one vehicle.
Man, anyone want to buy my Pilot? That is soooo broke. :D Going to have to buy that Volvo V90XC (which boasts the ability to scoot the second row closer for easy access to the baby). Too bad there is a waiting list until next June :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Re: All we wanted

N_Jay said:
All we wanted was an 8 passenger, 4WD, Odyssey.
Is that too much to ask for?

Let me complete that sentence:

All we wanted was an 8 passenger, 4WD, Odyssey
....with 8" clearance that looks and drives like a Pilot

And by the way, my friends have had bad luck with their Volvos - so much so that don't think I could own one. I will admit, this is uninformed, I don't know what their ratings look like for reliability.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
7" of ground clearance would be fine.
And I can take either Odyssey or Pilot styling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
xyzzy said:

Keep in mind that only the middle row, outside seating positions accommodate LATCH car seats if you have them. Also, some have questioned if the third row is as safe as the middle row given the proximity of the rear seat to the back gate. I personally don't think its a big concern, but I bring it up so that you can decide for yourself.

Chris
Is the LATCH the ones for car seats with tether? I thought I saw LATCHes also in the back row?

·
Registered
263 Posts
IMO, the Ody needs an OPTION for a 40/20/40 middle row bench seat (like Explorer).

Both of these vehicles are very flexible, but neither can do everything. The Ody hauls 4x8 sheets with the tailgate closed, and the Pilot handles a tow or other rear load much better than the Ody. And remember that the Ody is more than a foot longer than the Pilot.

Need to do everything? Get both. We did.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Now all you need is a CR-V,
and all we need is an Odyssey.

·
Registered
919 Posts
gap4jason said:

Is the LATCH the ones for car seats with tether? I thought I saw LATCHes also in the back row?
The rear seats have the teathers, but they do not have the lower anchors. The lower anchors are more of a hard mount system for the seat rather than using the seatbelt to run through the back of the seat. It's a much more solid mounting system.

Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
3rd row seat

Folks, when you're spending over $30k on a vehicle, it's a good idea to check out the things that are important to you!:25:
Unfortunately purchases like this are emotionally based, which get's in the way of logic when it's needed the most. Fortunately, after selling cars for 6 years, the emotion has subsided enough to check things like DOES THIS VEHICLE WORK FOR MY FAMILY? In our case.....it definately does. One just needs to be flexible. When you need to haul people, put the kids in the back(that's what that seat is for). When it's the family cruiser...put them in the middle. Adults can sit back there by the way. My mom and her husband have no problems back there for short trips. (They are both under 5'8" though):D

Food for thought
Chet

1 - 20 of 36 Posts