Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 2012 LX from the original owner with only 38k, have all the maintenance records. The car runs and looks great. Couldn't be happier. I did notice that I have a few extra buttons on the right next to the VSA switch (see picture below). I asked the owner what they were for but he doesn't seem to know. The LX didn't come with fog lights, so that eliminates that possibility. I do know that the car has a dealer installed KARR alarm system, so maybe there is a kill switch but that wouldn't explain the 2 switches.... any thoughts are very appreciated...

Attachments

Registered
Careful with those. 馃榿

Registered
Definitely aftermarket. I would try and trace the wires from those switches. Could be a seat heater.
P.S. See if any fuse boxes have a piggyback on a fuse - or if there are any additional wires running off the battery.

Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Yep those are aftermarket add ons of some kind. If it was me, I would get the wife to help me. Have her sit in the car, start it up and the as you walk around the vehicle, from a safe distance, have her try each one individually. What's the worst that could happen. :ROFLMAO:

They could be a lot of things. Tracing the wires if possible. If not hit the switch and see what happens. Or call the person you bought it from and ask what the two buttons are for.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reactions....Well, the previous owner says he doesn't know what they are for..... but then again he was the original owner so he must have known. Well, he's military and has been in covert operations.... maybe I shouldn't try those buttons :rolleyes:

Registered
Thanks for the reactions....Well, the previous owner says he doesn't know what they are for..... but then again he was the original owner so he must have known. Well, he's military and has been in covert operations.... maybe I shouldn't try those buttons :rolleyes:
Haha he would have to know what they were for if he was the original owner, they are clearly aftermarket.

If you can trace the wires it may become evident what they were for... they could be part of the alarm, they could be for off road lights that were installed, an air horn, a compressor, etc. Literally anything.

Reactions: weiss27md

Registered
Very strange really. A 2012 car with only 38k miles (I am almost at 100k on my 2013) and original owner not knowing what aftermarket buttons are for? Could be the car was mostly used by a family member... Look through those service records, maybe there are some receipts for those installs.

Registered
can you show us the exterior front and rear of your pilot please?

Registered
See if they open his garage doors.

Reactions: Nail Grease

Registered
Passenger Ejection seat , the Second one was for the trunk monkey edition ..this was cancelled a few years back now.

Reactions: Nail Grease
1 - 12 of 12 Posts