Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to install as unobstrusively as possible an external magnetic GPS antenna either on the roof or on the front bonnet near the windshield wipers so that the tip of the wire can enter from the front console under the ashtray?
I've a Pocket PC with a CF card GPS but reception is poor through the Pilot's windscreen, hence the need for an external antenna.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are several antenna options that can be installed inside the windshield behind the rear view mirror. At least one is a repeater type that would mean you wouldn't have to connect it directly to your GPS unit. You should not have trouble getting signal through the windshield. My Garmin handheld gets excellent reception on the dash and even resting in front of the gas gauge in the instrument area which is shielded by the dashboard.

Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Speaking of such, has anyone seen the factory GPS antenna installation location on the Pilot if people opt for the Alpine/Honda GPS system. Where do they put it?

I was tempted, but decided I liked my Garmin GPS 5 too much, to spend another $2K on the OEM system, though I like how nicely the OEM system is integrated into the dash....

Thanks,
-Hans

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
hanss said:
Speaking of such, has anyone seen the factory GPS antenna installation location on the Pilot if people opt for the Alpine/Honda GPS system. Where do they put it?
It is Under the top of dash, on top of the Nav unit.

Facing up through the windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts