Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does everything you read say that the Pilot styling is boring or bland? I think it looks pretty cool as it is. Some of the new SUV's look a bit too futuristic and weird. Obviously we're a little biased, but what does everyone think?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
rockiedave said:
Why does everything you read say that the Pilot styling is boring or bland? I think it looks pretty cool as it is. Some of the new SUV's look a bit too futuristic and weird. Obviously we're a little biased, but what does everyone think?
I like it!!! :29: The only thing I have been considering is somehow dressing up the grill and maybe add some striping to the sides.

rod

·
Registered
276 Posts
From the side it looks pretty cool, with the "raised" hood. There are some angles of it where it looks kinda squarish or something like that. But overall, it's pretty good. A heck of a lot better than the Nissan Murano.

And I've also seen pictures of the new Nissan Pathfinder......yuck-o-rama! Think of a Nissan Titan truck with a SUV-body. I KNEW Nissan would ruin the Pathfinder! :(

·
Registered
991 Posts
To me there is nothing wrong with the styling? I don't really know why the Pilot has this reputation? Look great to me!

:D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'll admit it...

I must admit I WAS in that group of nay sayers. I was in love with the MDX's styling and heard about the honda version. When I first laid eyes on photo I was MAD. It's too SQUARE! But strangely,
now that I've seen it more, and own it, I think it's gorgeous...or handsome. The nose is a little pug like, but that's just to give US more space :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Not to put down the MDX, but don't you think now looking at it, it looks kind of funny? My wife and I saw one the other day, and I told her people's opinion were that the MDX was a nicer style. She said are they nuts... I tend to agree.. After all the negative reports from TV and magazines about the Pilots styling, I was sort of jumping on the band wagon, but after driving mine for two months, I can't see what the heck they are talking about.. So lets just tell them to Shut up will they!

rob

·
Registered
494 Posts
I sure like the looks of my Pilot. Although if Honda ever decided to put the spare tire in the back, like a CRV. It would look too much like a BIG CRV.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is definely a personal point of view type of topic. I like the styling, it has a very masculine SUV type image, too many of the new SUV/CUVs are starting to look like big eggs, which in my opinion is not good for an SUV. Plus the boxy styling of the Pilot gives it the extra room over the MDX, and since when have you been able to get more for less $$$?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I first saw the Pilot at the Chicago Auto Show last year, a few months before Honda began production. At the time I thought it was bland...but bland was OK as long as function, utility and price were in line.

The styling from the rear is definitely more appealing/roomier than the MDX. The front is so-so. I dressed mine up with fog lights and it looks so much better. I wished it had '17 wheels like the MDX. Overall, its pleasing, practical.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fog lights and lower trim go a long way. I think everyone should have them, except for anyone driving a Pilot near where I live

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not only do I love the styling I think it will "last" longer than many other SUVs on the market. So many, ie Nissan Murano, are going for the "now" style, which will likely fade with age. The Pilot's shape will look classic for a long time to come.:whip:

·
Registered
920 Posts
The MDX from the front looks like a carp. Not joking, it looks like a fish!!!

IMO, the Pilots looks are not bad. It really depends from what angle you are looking at the car.

Better looking SUVs are...

BMW X5
VW Touareg
Lexus GX 470
03 Toyota 4Runner

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
gopilot said:
To me there is nothing wrong with the styling? I don't really know why the Pilot has this reputation? Look great to me!

:D
'cause people seem to like the Nissan Morano?? Dont know why:confused:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
rockiedave said:
I made exactly the same observation in this thread
http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3084
after seeing a Pilot in person for the first time.

The only thing that I'm not quite sure about are the headlights. Other than that I like how it looks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts