Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have a question to ask regarding using my OEM XM antenna and connecting it to an aftermarket Sirius tuner, SXV300.

Currently I have the original antenna that came with this tuner tucked into the corner of my dash. Right behind the windshield.
Reception is OK but I found the OEM reception better especially when im parked in my driveway.

I'm not to familiar with XM connectors but am wondering if I purchase an antenna extension cable would there be any compatibility issues using the OEM roof-mounted antenna with the aftermarket Sirius tuner?

I searched and like most of my results. Whomever asked that question never comes back to update their post(s).

2010 Pilot Ex-L

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone tried using this?

basically, id like to connect it to the oem antenna ( from the oem xm module ) and connect it to my sirius svx tuner.

I purchased the wire and will attempt it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok so that cable didnt work. The antenna connector that plugs into the xm tuner is different.
However, I did find one that will work online

purchased it and was able to connect the xm antenna to my sirius svx 300 tuner.

In this link. The very first picture shows what the connector looks like. Again, this is the connector that goes into the xm tuner from antenna.

hope this helps anyone looking to do the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts