Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Have you/will you buy an extended warranty for your Pilot?

• I own an extended warranty

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I plan to buy an extended warranty

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • I am undecided

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • I do not plan to buy an extended warranty

Votes: 32 27.8%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you/will you purchase an extended warranty?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes... We plan to purchase an extended warranty well before the original warranty expires. It's not so much that we're concerned about the Honda builld quality, it's just that it only takes one major failure these days to easily surpass the cost of the extended warranty.

We currently live in Florida where the policy rates are regulated by the insurance commission and, by law, can not be discounted. However, we plan to move to NC sometime prior to the original warranty expiring and hope to purchase a discounted extended warranty at that time.

;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
purchased an extended warranty at time of purchase for $1,100. Bargained with dealer to throw in leather protection (which, I believe, is bull**** but there is a 3 year guarantee) and gap insurance. did okay, and am now protected for 100,000 miles, which I should hit in year 4.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If I had bought a GM or a Ford, I would have bought the warranty. However a big reason I bought the Honda was its great relability!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am planning on buying an extended warranty. I will wait six months and closely monitor the problems section on this forum to see if my money may be wasted. If nothing spectacular arrises I may decide to keep my dollars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an extended warranty on my 1999 Honda Accord and I never use it at all.

IMO......Why wasted $1200 while you can spend it to buy more addon option on your new car.....:4:

·
Registered
469 Posts
With only two years experience on the transmission/drivetrain combination, I wanted the protrection of an extended warranty. One dealer was doubling the regular Honda warranty, so I convinced this dealer to "sell" me the HondaCare 6 year/75,000 mile extended warranty for $195.00 verses the "list" price of $880.00 that HondaCare lists on their web site.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recent decissions re extended warranty

I was wondering what recent Pilot purchasers have been doing about extended warranties. Anyone out there care to share?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am in Texas and sell extended warranties. The ones I sell are not the Honda warranty. With mine, you can use any certified mechanic for the repairs. I have 1 on my 1999 Civic and it has paid out over $1000 in the last 3 months. Hondas do break and with 75000 miles on my Civic, I sure got my money's worth. The one I have on my Pilot has a $200 deductible, covers up to 60 months and 97,000 miles . It cost $1100

·
Registered
33 Posts
Extended Warranty

We got the extended warranty when we bought our Pilot at Ralph Schomp - the best selling point was they would refund the warranty 30 days after it expires if you don't use it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Extended Warranty

Avsfans said:
We got the extended warranty when we bought our Pilot at Ralph Schomp - the best selling point was they would refund the warranty 30 days after it expires if you don't use it
Was undecided as to buying the warranty, saving a little money vs kicking myself if something went wrong. I asked the finance guy and he said yes, I would get the $ back, if not used. So I bought the warranty and feel good about it.

I called Honda Care just to verify as I could not find anything in writing about it. I was told that it is a dealer program that some offer and Honda Care does not get involved. She told me to get it in writing from the dealer since that's where the refund would come from. She said people have called after the warranty period asking for their refund, the dealer is no longer around and they have nothing in writing. She could not help them.

I called my dealer and they are going to mail me something in writing. I still think the warranty is a wise move even without the $ back thing. Peace of mind is worth lots. So everyone be sure to get it in writing!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump

1 - 12 of 12 Posts