Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is following the maintenance minder from the dashboard will NOT void any warranties?

My dealer wants every 6 months or 6000kms whichever comes first to change oil.

i would like to follow whatever the maintenance minder suggests, ie change oil at 10%.

Would this voids any warranties?

I'm from Canada if that matters.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
173 Posts
If you follow the MM your warranty won't be voided. The dealership makes money off of service and that is why they want you in there so frequently. The owners manual tells you to follow the MM or change the oil at 1 yr if the MM does not come on in that time.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
421 Posts
Depends... is your extended warranty a Hondacare warranty or another 3rd party warranty? Some third party warranties may specify more frequent oil changes and inspections above and beyond what the MM indicates. Should be in the fine print of your warranty agreement.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Is following the maintenance minder from the dashboard will NOT void any warranties?

My dealer wants every 6 months or 6000kms whichever comes first to change oil.

i would like to follow whatever the maintenance minder suggests, ie change oil at 10%.

Would this voids any warranties?

I'm from Canada if that matters.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I used to do it when MM came to 10% or 0% when I was driving a lot, that was like 10,000 km or more, depending on how much highway driving compared to street, never followed the six months/6,000 km rules. Now I don’t drive anywhere like that kind of kms, more like 2,000 to 3,000 km a year, and I go to a dealer like once a year or longer, and was not warned by a dealer about voiding my (Honda provided free of charge) extended warranty. Dealers can say anything they want but ultimately it’s up to Honda who will decide whether to honour you the warranty or not. If you follow Honda’s guidelines(MM intervals), I don’t see why Honda would void your warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts