Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shopped the three Honda dealers in Las Vegas for extended Honda warranties for the Pilot. Shack Findlay had the best prices.

I purchased the seven year, 100,000 mile warranty with $0 deductible for $1150 (no sales tax).

If you're interested, ask for Charles in the Finance Department at Shack Findlay.:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I Got My "EW" at Shack

I purchased a 5-year/100,000 mile warranty for my PILOT at Shack Findlay and got it for $1,000.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stucrue said:
What company do you have the extended warranty with? Is it with Honda or another company?
Mine is a Honda Care warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's interesting. I bought my Pilot last week at Shack-Findlay and the extended warranty they were pitching to me was with CNA.

If anyone knows how CNA compares to Honda Care, please let me know.

·
Registered
495 Posts
stucrue said:
That's interesting. I bought my Pilot last week at Shack-Findlay and the extended warranty they were pitching to me was with CNA.

If anyone knows how CNA compares to Honda Care, please let me know.
Most dealers will push third party warranties because they make more money from them. Check to see if the CNA policy they are offering has a limited, "named component" coverage. I bet it does.

I wouldn't recommend going with anything other than HondaCare, which is more comprehensive. Be careful not to get overcharged, which happened to me because I did not do my research on warranty prices before going into the finance office.

1,100 to 1,200 for 0 deductable, 7 year, 100K mile coverage is a fair range to pay... MUCH less then what I initially got myself into. After reading some threads on this site, I was planning to cancel the coverage, which HondaCare allows you to do within a few months of purchase. As a result, my dealer agreed to cover some of the scheduled maintenance and drop my deductable to $0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts